Humor in Science and Theology

Mark, the second half of that score needs to be updated.

1 Like

So many questions……

I used to have a leash for my cat, so compared to that I think a plant stroller actually makes more sense.

5 Likes

I have a leash for my cat too. I take him with me when I go on short hikes where I’ll be at like one tree for a hour or two. Always close by.

7 Likes

Awww, that’s so sweet.

2 Likes

Looks like he’s admiring the pitcher plants too.

1 Like

And @Laura, our cat doesn’t like the leash, but he is so motivated to be outside, he tolerates it.
I keep a tiny carbiner on the handle, so it’s easy to anchor him nearby, when I’m weeding and putzong in the yard.

3 Likes

My sister had a cat when she lived in Tehachapi in the southern Sierras. We’d go for walks from her house and Jack would instantly appear and walk with us all the way.

But I remember being quick to put a leash on one of my dogs at an off leash dog park when a young guy appeared with his cat on his shoulders. I could understand any resentment he may have felt about the preferential use of public funds being used on my pets but … I still took off in the other direction in a hurry. Did not want to see how that turned out and I sure did not want to put my dog’s recall to the test with so much riding on it. Occasionally someone will show up with a parrot or such on their shoulder but they usually also have a dog as well so not quite as worrisome.

3 Likes

No, but c defines (through E=mc^2) how strong atomic binding energies are, so those outcomes are just mathematics.

2 Likes

Statue of Lucifer in Holy Trinity Church, Marylebone, Westminster, London. Somebody is confused…

2 Likes

Oops. Too honest.

1 Like

3 Likes

1 Like

My mom used to think her own mom, Shirley, would follow her all the days of her life…

5 Likes

8 Likes

And then there’s Gladly, the cross-eyed bear.

1 Like

Learnt a new word: Mondegreen - Wikipedia

(And the replies immediately following. ; - ) And acyrologia, a couple above. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This just in: Florida governor bans the Cinderella story from public schools. Says mice transitioning to horses is unnatural and immoral.

1 Like

That doesn’t bode well for talking serpents then. Better hide your Bibles.

1 Like

5 Likes