Humor in Science and Theology

I’m curious who you go to for shoes. I know it isn’t any regular store. I used to get hiking shoes from the French company propet. But they were junk and wore out ridiculously fast. The New Balance wslking shoe that comes in a width suitable for diabetes sufferers are my go to shoe for walks and working in the garden. But SAS shoes out of Texas makes an extra wide that works well at least in their leather models. But I decided to try these leather sole with a synthetic material + leather top for hiking. As you can see my feet are trying to get out through the sides. But I still like the all leather loafer and Oxford models. My foot doctor approves of them. I’m thinking of getting something made custom at the walk shop one of these days.

Imgur

My feet are naturally 9s but I’ve also bought too big shoes just to get more width. Not fun.

1 Like

Some stores stock a few pairs of 16s, or the like. I don’t get new ones very often, though. Usually, we order them online. Various online places have them.

2 Likes

I guess this qualifies as computer science humor (also, it was discovered whilst finding directions to a lecture in Landrum by Paul Julienne Resources - BioLogos):

A few hints:
1: businesses are not found in the middle of an intersection between rural highways.

2: that is not a US phone number.

3: businesses in Chesnee do not have street addresses in Vietnam.

4: when you enter the listed address into Google Maps, you get a security guard service on the same street in the same town (in Vietnam).

1 Like

I think I had better continue to keep great grandpa’s pocket compass and my county atlas in my car for back up!

3 Likes

I wear 14s and last pair was some Merrell hiking books in a wide width that are very comfortable though I put an aftermarket insole in them. However now that it is warmer, my footwear of choice is Chacos sandals.

3 Likes

I’ve decided to go to the Walk Shop tomorrow and get measured and recommendations for good shoes. I want a better hiking boot and something sturdy for in the garden.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Handel was contemporary in his day. ; - )

2 Likes

9 Likes

I remember hearing a story from my father about a certain priest he knows and holy water. People would sometimes come to him to have things consecrated, including water, so usually they’ll bring sensibly sized objects or small bottles of water for blessing things around the house. Well, this one guy brings several gallons worth of water, and the priest looks at him and says, “What are you, fighting vampires?”

5 Likes

By “contemporary Christian music” the meme is referring to trite Christian pop music. It can’t be compared to the music of serious composers, living or long dead.

1 Like

7 Likes

Thank you, I didn’t know. :roll_eyes: My reference was to repetition – your CCM parody only had the phrase repeated five times, whereas in the Hallelujah Chorus it’s a few more than that, like twelve?

3 Likes

If you want to count the repetitions this You Tube video is a fun way to do it.

6 Likes

Load Toner and the Rorschach for the top two.

2 Likes

I wonder if the repetitive lyrics derive from the trance-rave genre?

2 Likes

Randy, as a Baptist, I find these kinds of glossaries extremely helpful. I have ALWAYS wondered how to understand these marks. I am much better prepared for the Easter season. : )

1 Like

Nailed it. But the last few times should be said slower and with feeling, and that key change is always UP a half or whole step.

Mark, there are some real similarities with some of CCM, and “praise” choruses.

1 Like

There’s a lot more to the Hallelujah Chorus than repetitions of the word “Hallelujah.”