Humor in Science and Theology

5 Likes

A Methodist is a Baptist who’s afraid of water.
An Episcopalian is a Methodist who’s been to college.

2 Likes

Wow. That hurt. I didn’t realize I needed to submit transcripts.

2 Likes

I should have my dog do an act of contrition every time she barks at another dog

2 Likes

Not to be all serious on the humor thread, but on the subject of point #2, I actually waited a lot longer to get baptized than I needed to because I was afraid of putting my head under water. Maybe I wasn’t the only one!

4 Likes

I grew up on the plains where the biggest body of water I had seen was the bathtub. Well, maybe a stock tank. But related to your post, when baptized, the hot water heater was out at our little church, and the pastor remarked that that was the coldest water he had ever been in. His statement took me aback, I had not noticed any cold. A minor miracle for sure, but one that was affirming in my faith, even now.

6 Likes

Too bad. The cold would have made a great lust-buster.

1 Like

They forgot to mention ivermectin!

4 Likes

Related, an old.but still funny sketch That Mitchell and Webb Look: Homeopathic A&E - YouTube

6 Likes

Wow, that is really clever! Thanks.

2 Likes

I suspect you weren’t alone. I know many people are also reticent to give public testimony (even in church). While I believe those are important, I understand they donkt make everyone feel comfortable.

3 Likes

I really needed that.
Thanks, Phil.

1 Like

Psalms 27:9-12

No, what he needs is aqueous ClO2! (Otherwise known as Miracle Mineral Supplement). It’s legitimate uses are bleaching wood pulp, and as a disinfectant (at about 1ppm, a standard drinking water chlorinating agent).

4 Likes

4 Likes

The Babylon Bee has slipped in quality but still comes up with some good satire. This is gold: Ken Ham Announces New Movie Where Dinosaurs Get Loose On The Ark 'Jurassic Ark' | Babylon Bee

6 Likes

Some have criticized the film, saying there is no evidence that raptors terrorized Noah and his family in the Bible. Ken Ham shut down these complaints by asking, “How do you know? Were you there?”

XD

7 Likes

@Kendel This is for you

7 Likes

Might could use this for bait. Classical bookshelf faulting.

13 Likes

6 Likes