Humor in Science and Theology

3 Likes

I prefer Gala.

1 Like

“ I just want my life back!’

Ouch.

1 Like

Accurate. Maybe what is tiring for the subject is the existential threat of doing something different?

9 Likes

One of these is not like the others. Evidence of design?

3 Likes

4 Likes

6 Likes

2 Likes

I can think of some (given a loose definition of “machine”) where you would have to use external heat sources to produce smoke, but generally yes. Examples would include most manually-powered machinery.

Not really funny hah hah, but I found the clade-like wall painting this artist is making for a NY exhibit amusing.

And here is the story I lifted it from appearing in today’s NYT.

2 Likes

Probably some of you have seen this already but I found it amusing… if you’ve seen Encanto, it’s a parody of “We Don’t Talk About Bruno.”

4 Likes

10 Likes

Ha! The actual director of the Maine CDC posted a whole thread of similar parody statements on Twitter.

8 Likes

Ah, you don’t want to go mixing up your left-handed and right-handed. Otherwise, in the words of the Flanders and Swann song “Misalliance”, you will “fall flat on your face”. Here’s the song:

3 Likes

I actually love watching how quickly squash and other vines can climb in my garden.

3 Likes

It’s cool, the different vining techniques amongst the species. The wild grapes we have around here have two opposing hooks that then curl, and the wild cucumber has a square cross-sectioned spike that grows straight until it touches something and then twists into a helix, shortening radically and pulling the vine up. It also interestingly has a tiny little root and stem at the bottom and comparatively huge leaves and gets most of its moisture from the air.

2 Likes

And in the summer the squash tendrils are so fast! One day they are just straight and seeking something to grab, and the next day they have latched onto something and have coiled very tightly and neatly.

2 Likes

Wild cucumber reminds me of kudzu in the southeast, but it only covers fences and shrubs, not entire landscapes!

1 Like