Humor in Science and Theology

1 Like

ā€¦ #metoo

1 Like

Aliens Issue Statement Asserting That Sex with Them Does Not Spread the Coronavirus

(I had this other one that was so funny I couldnā€™t even get through itā€“I mean, it made me laugh so hard it hurt! Maybe some day Iā€™ll be able to post it without exploding)

1 Like

Mixed emotions. I laughed but felt guilty. Letā€™s try to avoid laughing at someoneā€™s expense, even if they set themselves up for it and have to expect it. On one of the physician group on Facebook, most of the voices are calling for the medical board to pull her license for advocating false treatments, but those things are tough to do due to free speech legal arguments unless a patient actually is harmed and complains.
So, no more demon jokes please.

1 Like

Okay. 

@MarkD just reminded me of this in his comment about The Overstory. :grin:

3 Likes

And as my best friend in high school was eager to say, if God didnā€™t want us to eat animals He wouldnā€™t have made them out of meat.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve heard that before, and maybe that long ago. :grin:

1 Like

Our evolutionary history was apparently not easyā€¦

3 Likes

Reminiscent of this?

5 Likes

But not eating animal products (especially beef, lamb, and milk) is one of the best things we can to to stop climate change.

2 Likes

True for sure. However, if it were my call, Iā€™d choose a human population compatible with living as omnivores with plenty of wild places preserved for habitat for other species. People are great, but is 10 billion really that much better than a 300 million of us? More isnā€™t always better.

1 Like

6 Likes

In one day Samson killed a thousand Philistines with the jawbone of an ass. Every day thousands of sales are killed with the same weapon.

3 Likes

Lots of other damage is done with the same implement.

2 Likes

1 Like

Of course that reminds me of the guy who was bitten by a radioactive lawyer, and developed the power of attorney.

5 Likes

That is pure gold. Did you just make that up? If so, Iā€™d like nominate you for the riposte with the most award.

2 Likes

Okay, that opens it up for a lawyer joke.

Whatā€™s the difference between a dead dog on the road and a dead lawyer?

The dead dog has skid marks before it. :grin:

3 Likes

Woot woot! Good one.

1 Like