Humor in Science and Theology

4 Likes

7 Likes

Posted by a Berkeley physics professor.

6 Likes

This makes me wish I could also scrub my eye balls. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I just wonder if they have a machine language link capable of preserving the heavy accent of a professor new to English. It definitely would not be true to my experience at Cal otherwise.

2 Likes

A spin-off from the spin-off, so stretching it a bit to be under ‘Humor in Science and Theology’ (but St. Patrick is the patron):

:shamrock:
Q: What’s Irish and stays outside?
A: Patty O’Furniture! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

3 Likes

In another thread, @jpm reminds us of Pi Day, which in turn reminded me of Thanksgiving at church a couple of years ago:

6 Likes

If I had a “cultural engagement motto” from my teen years, this would probably be pretty close to it. :wink:

5 Likes

6 Likes
4 Likes

Peter Kay, derided by Dickie Dawkins for his faith no less, made the best Judeo-Christian joke ever for me: “When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bike. Then I realised that The Lord doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and asked him to forgive me.”

3 Likes

5 Likes

Why does Jesus look like a young Ken Ham??!! :scream:

4 Likes

This thread is for humor, not making people sick. :slightly_smiling_face:

Let me retract that. Patty O’Furniture may have had that effect as well. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Ken Ham looks like Deadpool without his costume.

3 Likes

8 Likes

9 Likes

Preceding the video was “Warning: do not use nettles!”

“We live on a little wooded acreage just outside of town and we have some nettles, but also plenty of dock, and it will be popping up soon.”

I was posting that as comment and looked up the spelling of the latter weed to be sure it wasn’t something esoteric that I had forgotten in the ensuing years since I had last seen it in print – it had been multiple decades. The fourth definition of it as a noun:

a coarse weed of temperate regions, with inconspicuous greenish or reddish flowers. The leaves are popularly used to relieve nettle stings.

We can conserve our dock by using nettles first!! :rofl: (I laughed harder and longer than I had for a while!)

1 Like