Humor in Science and Theology

8 Likes

IMG_2895

5 Likes

Pink Floyd fans, no doubt

7 Likes

no

Probably.

But there is a fringe scenario that we’re dealing with Isaac Newton fans.

3 Likes

organic_fuel

9 Likes

I was scanning through old threads and came across one called " Comparison and Contrast of two Theories".

My morning, pre-mocha braain looked at that and thought it should have been called

A TALE OF TWO THEORIES

and begun,

It was the best of theories, it was the worst of theories . . . .

3 Likes

9 Likes

10 Likes

[ Picture removed ]… I’ll try to be on better behavior!

Times … they be changin’!

Merry Christmas everybody!

2 Likes

Is this Mervin’s alter ego? I think Calvin posts here on occasion…
Calvin and Hobbes Comic Strip for December 12, 2023

10 Likes

“You might want to sleep on this one” should be my motto. Or it’s probably the mantra of the better angel attending me.

3 Likes

Okay - so you started it, Phil …
From GoComics.com:

7 Likes

9 Likes

We three kings disoriented are?

11 Likes

If they are wise men from the east, they should be heading west. The wisest one in front is right, forget google maps and stick with the star.

5 Likes

Plus, their GPS is clearly not working right. It should say head west. Not the GPS has never led anyone astray, right?

3 Likes

Of course, the recent blog post on the main page What Nature and Scripture Tell us About the Bethlehem Star speaks to that a bit, regarding the rising and retrograde movement transition being the stopping of Jupiter. It is interesting how we have had popular culture influence our reading of scripture.

2 Likes

9,999 times out of 10,000 it’s not the GPS that’s at fault, it’s the map data.

4 Likes

Indubitably, but there’s the rub. Garbage in, garbage out. We have a notoriously steep and windy road between the Napa Valley and Sonoma, just over the ridge. It is the shortest route, by mileage, and so people routinely get sent that way by their GPS, including trucks that have no business being on that road.

1 Like

My Garmin I got last year warns me about such routes – my previous one didn’t.

Slowly we catch up to the implications of our technology.

3 Likes