Humor in Science and Theology

As they say, if you know…you know

6 Likes

We don’t want any more Donner passes at Donner parties!

In keeping with the season:

By the way, just saw The Shift. Not your typical cheesy Christian Christmas movie.

6 Likes

I still want to read “ who goes there “. I’ve watched the original black and white film and various inspired films and the newer ones from the 80s and the maker one back around 2013 ish. I need to check Libby and see if they have the audiobook.

Edited in “ looks like it’s on hoopla and so i just downloaded it and about to listen to it. Bumped it ahead of the next book which is “ transforming “ by Austen Hartke and then some thriller horror “phantom” by Helen Power.

I read that story several times as a youngster. Still haven’t seen the Carpenter version.

Donner Lake, CA is uhhhhhh not named after Santa’s reindeer"

Christmas parties are fun, but no one wants to be part of a Donner party.

3 Likes

Looks like in 2017 they found an original extended version of the story by him titled “ frozen hell “ thats 45 pages longer. They said it’s essentially the same but digs a bit more into the stories building up. Like the solutions they come up with take longer to reach.

1 Like

I’ve been tempted at to use the name Donner at restaurants just to hear the hostess say “Donner Party of 4, your table is ready” back in the days before they texted you or gave you a buzzer.

6 Likes

I think that another twist is the reindeers’ names are supposed to be Dutch (Donder and Blitzen) for “thunder and lightning,” but the poem has changed the spelling to Donner.

4 Likes

Homer and Jethro modified the spelling and a few other things for Rudolph.

I saw a book on Christmas movies, but a check of the table of contents showed that neither Die Hard not Santa Claus Conquers the Martians was included. But the book didn’t seem to claim to be comprehensive.

2 Likes

IMG_0306

9 Likes

Can’t wait for next week’s installment!

8 Likes

IMG_2895

5 Likes

Pink Floyd fans, no doubt

7 Likes

no

Probably.

But there is a fringe scenario that we’re dealing with Isaac Newton fans.

3 Likes

organic_fuel

9 Likes

I was scanning through old threads and came across one called " Comparison and Contrast of two Theories".

My morning, pre-mocha braain looked at that and thought it should have been called

A TALE OF TWO THEORIES

and begun,

It was the best of theories, it was the worst of theories . . . .

3 Likes

9 Likes

10 Likes