Humor in Science and Theology

Who’s with me?

7 Likes

You could talk to Milo of Croton about it? (One wonders how high he could count or how well he could multiply.)

1 Like

We use to say something similar in church like 15 years ago concerning the great commission. It was if you get one person to believe in God and come to church a year, in one generation the world would be saved. That’s with you baptizing someone into Christ who then the next year both of y’all do it followed by everyone plus the new people the following year and so on.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Good to see you, Dillon!

2 Likes

What separates the soul from the brain?

That is not a question that we have to answer for everyone. :grin:

5 Likes

This was noticed by a friend of my parents (who, incidentally, works at Calvin):

7 Likes

Psychic hit by a car … and he never saw it coming?!

Well - givem a break! He was obviously off-duty!

3 Likes

I always wonder what they did in a drought – maybe really long ropes and buckets?

2 Likes

Now I’m picturing a drill rig on top. Maybe a helicopter got it there?

There are monasteries in Greece that were built stone by stone carried up narrow paths by monks; there are a couple where there weren’t even any paths; the first guys did rock-climbing, and later obtained ropes with which they hauled up essentials that were provided by admirers – and when they finally decided to build something more substantial than rude tents the bricks and mortar also went up in baskets on ropes, and the only workmen allowed up were those willing to never go down again.

1 Like

And water? The same way I expect, for what rain collection did not provide. (The stepped roofs in Bermuda are interesting, to slow down the runoff to not overflow the collection gutters, plus hillsides covered with something non-absorbant to catch rain.)

2 Likes

What about spitting up? :grin: (And that is denominationist, not PC. ← That’s politically correct, not Presbyterian or Pentecostal Church. :slightly_smiling_face:)

Took this Baptist Kid a moment. I was 16 or 17 when I was immursed. Really hoping no one had peed in the baptismal tank!

3 Likes

i vaguely remember posting this sometime before, but with 5000 posts, could not find it, so forgive me if repeating myself, as I love The Farside:

6 Likes

But you only made 388 of them. :grin: (Or 386 – Discourse can’t decide.)

2 Likes

I’m not finding the way to see that datum on myself, but I estimate that about 220 are from me. Maybe I can increase that by posting parts of The Pun-Dementals: Biblical Limericks From Verse to Bad. For me (or my father) to do that wouldn’t violate its copyright.

1 Like

218 (± 2 because I don’t trust Discourse’s counting :grin:). You can’t see your own at the top of the thread below the OP?

1 Like