Humor in Science and Theology

Well good for them! It’s good to see them attending to reality … now if they would just extend this same “correction” practice more generally among their published writings!

2 Likes

I sometimes run into reverse threaded stuff with metal fencing and some tools to change the blades are reverse threaded. I always hate running into reverse threaded bolts when working on something. I’ve wasted so many minutes trying to install them at times.

4 Likes

Hilarious! Reminds me of Airplane.

1 Like

Bigfoot, Bat Boy, Elvis, Nessie, etc. take note:

https://xkcd.com/2572/

7 Likes

“Enough is enough—we can’t do this forever,” I say, as I continue to exist the same way I have my entire life, not caring to take any precautionary measure on behalf of the health and safety of other people.

7 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

I prefer Gala.

1 Like

“ I just want my life back!’

Ouch.

1 Like

Accurate. Maybe what is tiring for the subject is the existential threat of doing something different?

9 Likes

One of these is not like the others. Evidence of design?

3 Likes

4 Likes

6 Likes

2 Likes

I can think of some (given a loose definition of “machine”) where you would have to use external heat sources to produce smoke, but generally yes. Examples would include most manually-powered machinery.

Not really funny hah hah, but I found the clade-like wall painting this artist is making for a NY exhibit amusing.

And here is the story I lifted it from appearing in today’s NYT.

2 Likes

Probably some of you have seen this already but I found it amusing… if you’ve seen Encanto, it’s a parody of “We Don’t Talk About Bruno.”

4 Likes

10 Likes