How to downplay COVID-19 Bingo Sheet

Holy cow she talks for a long time about her expertise and then suggests all these medical professionals are just afraid to speak up about masks (edit: hey that’s ‘G’ on the face mask Bingo line!). But finally she gets to her supposed science at 12.5 minutes. Her argument(s):

• You can’t filter viruses with even an N95 mask because the size of viruses is 100 nm and they can only filter down to 300 nm. So says it is completely ineffective against disease transmission.
  • She then makes a claim that you can’t get enough oxygen (around 14.5 minutes) and then says your CO2 is getting trapped in there. At this point I’m gonna stop the video because she just got the B & N from the face mask row. Boo yah!

If she really is an expert, then why doesn’t she tell us how big respiratory droplets are that contain the virus? Why doesn’t she talk about the scientific body of evidence for the efficacy of face masks? How does she think that the face masks can trap CO2 that is 0.3 nm but yet can’t trap a virus that is 100 nm. This is ridiculous. I made a Facebook post to deal with nonsense like this:

2 Likes

This is very helpful. Thanks!

Don’t worry. A doc in Midland Texas discovered a cure, so crisis over. He has had 100% success in 12 patients he has treated.
(Sigh)

Seriously, my local Facebook feed has blown up with this story. Makes you wonder.

2 Likes

The most apparent objection is that steroids aren’t really recommended across the board given poor outcomes (dexamethasone may help some on the vent, but I don’t know if they also had asthma or not). No reason budesonide inhaled would be any better. Not to speak of the N value in an apparent ER setting? Yike.

1 Like

In my experience almost no one in person are actually holding to those statements. In the real world that I’ve came across so far it’s mostly this.

1. Protestors who says the protests and what they are fighting for are more important than the risks of covid. Which seems silly when you run the numbers. How many people died from this verses that and ect…

2. They just don’t care. The stimulus check was great to cover one months rent and a week of food but they need places opened up because they need to work because their bills don’t care about a virus and if there won’t be no vaccine for potentially 12-18 months then they have to accept the risk because they can’t work from home, they can’t work and keep their kids or afford daycare while working part time.

3. I have heard suicide brought up. With roughly 1,000,000 suicide attempts a year with 48,000 suicides many believe that things need to be opened up because once you compare the numbers to deaths caused by driving, cancer, heart disease, drug overdose and so on the virus just seems to fall within those numbers. To me this is a bit dismissive but I guess it’s not any more dismissive then some states are restrictive.

I think for many, from protestors, to people in church, to people trying to not get swallowed up in debt they simply just don’t care anymore about this virus. It’s here, and it changes very little in what they have to do.

Covid-19: Vaccines, Testing, and the Science behind the Cure

The program features Dr. Pardis Sabeti, a computational genomicist creating diagnostic tests for COVID-19, Dr. Kizzmekia Corbett, a viral immunologist and lead scientist on the vaccine development effort at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Vaccine Research Center, and Dr. Lynne Richardson, a physician and co-director of Mt. Sinai’s new Institute for Health Equity Research. The panel will be moderated by science reporter and host of the Reset podcast Arielle Duhaime-Ross.

When we get a vaccine, truly a godsend, we’ll have a whole new load of b.s.

3 Likes

We definitely will. People are already paranoid about vaccines causing mental disorders commonly, or containing some kind of microchip and ect…! But even then it mostly seems to be online.

2 Likes

I’m hoping once we have plenty of vaccine, we can promote anti-vax Covid parties for those who don’t want it to help out with herd immunity.

1 Like

I will send pizza, or my vaccinated body might deliver it in person.

My middle daughter contracted measles before she was old enough to have the vaccine. Fortunately, she did not experience long-lasting effects.

1 Like

3 Likes

Oh, I so want to make use of this. Can you share the link with me?

Scratch that request. I got it.

@beaglelady, this is very good. However, have you noticed that conspiracy theorists have their own interpretations on everything, too? It seems that everything is “Big Brother” or they take a factual response as condescending. It reminds me very much of the YEC mentality that inserts interpretation into everything they read in science books and at museums, etc. May God give us wisdom.

3 Likes

Yes indeed. They have their own sense of reality. Like any cult.

Take a look at this link:
As Pandemic Toll Rises, Science Deniers in Louisiana Shun Masks, Comparing Health Measures to Nazi Germany

Unbelievable!

1 Like

I just received a message from one close friend that this is like Orwell’s “1984.” They seem to take this deadly seriously (seriously, they are refusing to wear a mask and will quit their jobs if they have to wear one). Talking about it makes it worse. May God preserve our relationships with those who fear so much.

I struggle to imagine what gain they think anyone would get from enforcing masks. It can’t be that they think the governor has stock in fabric. The video above says that only Democratic governors enforce these things, and that creating an urgency will make them win the election. I can’t believe how a Democratic committee would be able to cause such a conspiracy. And how would Gates (who gave all the money) and the CDC, and Fauci, win by making us wear masks? It blows my mind.

2 Likes

Absolutely. I saw this today which helps a bit.

It is interesting that he calls for compassion and love in dealing with those who disagree. Zdogg is not a religious sort so far as I know and see in his work, which makes perhaps a bigger impact, as we have a secular voice calling for compassion and love when many in the church are more concerned with personal liberty and individual freedoms. Makes you wonder.

3 Likes

To expand on item 1 (“Most people don’t die from it”) I’ll add these thoughts from Wesley Elsberry:

"Death is not the only bad outcome from COVID-19. Many people are going to have permanent lung, kidney, and vascular damage from this disease, including lots of young people. Many people continue to have lingering symptoms long past the typical recovery times. And even the people who are asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic can accrue damage from the virus.

Economically, someone who survived a stay in the ICU is going to be liable for the sort of eye-popping bills you only see in healthcare in the USA. If you didn’t have insurance, it’s likely you didn’t get admitted. But even a 20% copay is gonna hurt you and your family."

How about the response my two college-age sons have gotten repeatedly from their evangelical friends, many of whom have been home schooled: “They’re just trying to make Trump look bad.”

Who are “they”? Media (except Fox)? Deep State? Dems? Medical professionals? Probably all of the above.

4 Likes

Good addition. I see that a lot around my area also. It is interesting how we accept whatever our tribe says as truth. The desire to be a part of a group is strong.

2 Likes

Where are these Nazi comparisons coming from? One of my friends posted a pro-mask article and one of her insane relatives came back with something along the lines of “The government mandating masks in public is exactly the same thing as the Nazis forcing Jews to wear yellow stars.” I mean where do you even start with everything that is wrong with that statement? Why would you even bother if the person was so devoid of basic reasoning skills and knowledge of history that they thought it made sense to say in the first place? It’s so offensive. But I guess that is where we are at as a country. Co-opting Holocaust imagery to make people feel better about selfish non-compliance with public health ordinances.

5 Likes