How is God intimately involved in His creation

How is God intimately involved in His creation and the affairs of mankind.

The scripture from Genesis to Revelation is filled with the history of God’s involvement. From the beginning when God created the heavens and the earth and all living things. It was He who formed man and woman. And in the end He will create anew the heavens and the earth and resurrect mankind to everlasting life or everlasting condemnation.

He teaches and guides mankind in the way of righteousness.

He controls the weather to fulfill His will.

He directs animals for the purpose of fulfilling His will.

He sways individual people for the fulfilling of His will.

He raises and puts down rulers and kingdoms according to His desire.

He gives life and takes it away at His good plan.

Your welcome to add or expand on this.

My own answer is here:

Some may take issue with the general notion of God guiding evolution. For a Christian, however, the idea is no more controversial than saying that God guides us in our everyday lives.

God’s guidance in daily life almost invariably comes through secondary, ordinary means – not miraculous interventions. To the outside observer, such instances might appear perfectly mundane, as if nothing out of the ordinary has happened. What’s more, the non-Christian always will be able to offer a “reasonable” alternative, usually coincidence. In any case, the analogy to personal guidance suggests that God easily could guide evolution through secondary, ordinary means that would leave no trace to the outside observer. The entire history of this planet seems one of extraordinary coincidences. Whether one attributes all, some, or none of them to God, that conclusion is a matter of faith, not science.

2 Likes

He answers prayer.

2 Likes

You have stated it pretty well in how you say

God is Sovereign and His Providence is supreme and He is guiding all things to a perfect end. We may not understand or know how or why certain things take place, but we need to trust Him in how they are done.

I guess for me I see his handiwork in everything because I believe he set up the laws that govern everything. I also believe that he reaches in randomly and preforms miracles but that they are almost done in a way we can’t scientifically examine and verify them and must take them on faith. It’s one of those things that just honestly I guess don’t matter to me beyond seeing the laws that govern the universe to have ended up with earth all the way to me typing this and I believe that’s all from God. Maybe 4-5 prayers have actually been answered in my life in ways I can’t just say it’s coincidental or chance. The rest of it I still bless him for it. My fiancée is a blessing in my life. She’s a blessing in my life because who she is at her core was developed through the word of God. She’s a Christian. To me that’s something that matters even if it’s not this supernatural event that can’t be debated away.

But not always with an unconditional “YES”. I can look back in life and see that on several occasions His denial of my prayers (as I presented them) was actually a blessing.
Stay well !!
Al Leo

2 Likes

What about cats?

But the increased severity of hurricanes is probably due to global warming, right?

What about cats?

Lions!
1 Kings 13:20 While they were sitting at the table, the word of the Lord came to the old prophet who had brought him back. 21 He cried out to the man of God who had come from Judah, “This is what the Lord says: ‘You have defied the word of the Lord and have not kept the command the Lord your God gave you. 22 You came back and ate bread and drank water in the place where he told you not to eat or drink. Therefore your body will not be buried in the tomb of your fathers.’” 23 When the man of God had finished eating and drinking, the prophet who had brought him back saddled his donkey for him. 24 As he went on his way, a lion met him on the road and killed him, and his body was thrown down on the road, with both the donkey and the lion standing beside it.

1 Kings 20:36 So the prophet said, “Because you have not obeyed the Lord, as soon as you leave me a lion will kill you.” And after the man went away, a lion found him and killed him.

Isa 11:7 The cow will feed with the bear, their young will lie down together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox. 9 They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain, for the earth will be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea.

He definitely controls the weather too.
God told Pharaoh
Ex 9:18 Therefore, at this time tomorrow I will send the worst hailstorm that has ever fallen on Egypt, from the day it was founded till now. 19 Give an order now to bring your livestock and everything you have in the field to a place of shelter, because the hail will fall on every man and animal that has not been brought in and is still out in the field, and they will die.'"

Lev 26:3 "'If you follow my decrees and are careful to obey my commands, 4 I will send you rain in its season, and the ground will yield its crops and the trees of the field their fruit.

1 Sam 12:18 Then Samuel called upon the Lord, and that same day the Lord sent thunder and rain. So all the people stood in awe of the Lord and of Samuel.

1 Kings 17: Now Elijah the Tishbite, from Tishbe in Gilead, said to Ahab, “As the Lord, the God of Israel, lives, whom I serve, there will be neither dew nor rain in the next few years except at my word.”

Amos 4:7 "I also withheld rain from you when the harvest was still three months away.I sent rain on one town, but withheld it from another. One field had rain; another had none and dried up.

No, I said “cats.” But I enjoyed the charming story of the lion killing people.

There are some cases where God controls weather, but that is usually not the case. Weather is a contingent process, and for the short tern anyway, can be predicted, But we can’t predict God. Besides with too much of that God begins to sound like the weather gods of paganism. .

I don’t believe I would call it charming. God’s judgement on disobedience doesn’t fall into that catagory. Now, “the lion will eat straw like the ox. 9 They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain, for the earth will be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea.” will be way beyond charming, it will be glorious.

No danger of Him being a weather god of the pagans for He is the true creator and he does control the wind and the seas and they do fulfill his will.

This is why God created us in the first place – for an intimate relationship. But He doesn’t interfere so much as to change the laws of nature and basic rules of our existence for that would be counterproductive. The whole point is for us to be responsible in learning the rules and acting appropriately according to them.

That is His objective.

Rarely. It doesn’t help in achieving His objective very much at all.

Not so much. It doesn’t help in achieving His objective very much at all.

Frequently. This is the most directly connected to His objective.

Sometimes. Political power and the ways of righteousness don’t connect as much as people may think.

Rarely. The length of life is not often connected to His objective.

We can often hear God in what people say especially when it isn’t even what they intend to communicate in the first place. Their words seem to have a special meaning just for us according to our own challenges.

Now on a less serious note…

God doesn’t acknowledge the existence of cats. They are not mentioned in the Bible. Perhaps as has been sometimes speculated by various authors, they are extra-terrestrial visitors from an alien civilization. (yes that is joke)

Actually, it might be true!!

It was a joke.

I figured you meant it as one but also assumed that some really do believe it is just a “story”.

But what if God’s objective is to kill people with flooding and high winds? Especially the poor and vulnerable? (Think Haiti and Puerto Rico). In that case he is doing a good job.

Evil gods such as the Demiurge of Plato and the Gnostics do not have my regard.

If God seeks to intervene in the problem of overpopulation then the Corona virus is more on target. But I frankly don’t think God needs to intervene in such things. Nature is already set up to take care of problems like that. Like I said, God’s objective is to guide us in the way of righteousness, and that includes being responsible in learning the rules and acting accordingly.

1 Like

Not only is he intimately involved in individual lives but also the setting up of nations.
Acts 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; 27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: 28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being ;

I just went through a big rain storm and was overwhelmed with the knowledge of God’s intimate involvement with the weather, both to bless and to bring calamity.

Jer 14:22 Do any of the worthless idols of the nations bring rain? Do the skies themselves send down showers? No, it is you, O Lord our God. Therefore our hope is in you, for you are the one who does all this.

Zech 10:10 Ask the Lord for rain in the springtime; it is the Lord who makes the storm clouds. He gives showers of rain to men, and plants of the field to everyone.

Amos 4:7 "I also withheld rain from you when the harvest was still three months away. I sent rain on one town, but withheld it from another. One field had rain; another had none and dried up.

How great is our God. Awesome in all His works!

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.