How I Found a Deeper Faith Through Studying Evolution

When thinking about science and faith, it's important to understand the limits of the ability of scientific evidence to answer theological questions.
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://biologos.org/blogs/guest/how-i-found-a-deeper-faith-through-studying-evolution
3 Likes

I have a story that is similar to Mr Yilmaz. I too am a biologist and also came to see that there was no conflict between my faith in God and what I had been taught in science class. I did not suffer from the same cognitive dissonance as Mr. Yilmaz though. I realized very early on that the theory of evolution required the same kind of “faith” that the creation theory required. I also came to realize that you could not use science to prove that there was a God, nor could you use science to prove that there was no God. You simply had to make the choice to believe or not to believe. I chose to believe.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.