Hollywood Announces Plans To Create Even More Inaccurate, Terrible Bible Movies

Hollywood Announces Plans To Create Even More Inaccurate, Terrible Bible Movies

Oh no! I watched Exodus: Gods and Kings and hated it! Moses was played by Batman, and God was played by a bratty British kid. I didn’t pay to see the movie (got it from the Library), but I still felt like billing somebody for my time!

That was brilliant satire! But like all satire, the seed of verisimilitude strikes home. Thanks for providing some laughter from an article that appears to have gone live on the 1st of April.

1 Like

I thought Noah did a pretty good job of exactly what it was supposed to do; re-tell the flood narrative as it is presented in the historical Jewish interpretive literature (Book of the Watchers, Jubilees, Targums, Mishnah, Talmud, etc). It wasn’t intended to be simply a re-telling of the narrative as it is presented in Scripture.

As for Gods and Kings, I was happier with that than with the Disney version (or even the great classic “Heston In Egypt”). Bearing in mind G&K was written and produced by atheists, I was actually quite impressed. They even went to the trouble of representing the Metatron as it is understood in early Jewish sources.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.