Historian of creationist subcultures looking for a new vocational niche:seeking help

I have benefitted from your thoughts on the various intellectual and social dimensions of creationist subcultures in America. I don’t know if you can help me, but I am getting desperate…well, not really because my parents are wealthy, but I long to find out what God wants as for the use of my dissertation.

1. I cannot move out of Dallas right now due to bipolar disorder.

2. Two universities I know have a combined history faculty of about 50 people. Exactly one historian of science. About 400 applications came in for one full time history job at my community college.

3. I cannot teach full time due to bipolar.

4. I don’t want to teach public high school again due to the stress.

5. Archival and library jobs require moving.

6. I am good at writing and public speaking and have thought about radio and print. I think I could soar there.

7. I would publish an academic book but laypeople won’t read it. I worked hard on the dissertation to bring the story to laity and their children.

8. Students caught between pastors and biology professors were the reason I went to seminary and history grad school.

If anyone has any thoughts at all, I really would like to glorify God with the amazing odyssey of the dissertation.

Thank you very much

Congratulations on your work. Can you provide us a reference to some of your work/dissertation? Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

“Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.” -Colossians 4:6

This is a place for gracious dialogue about science and faith. Please read our FAQ/Guidelines before posting.