Has anyone read this book?

Theistic Evolution: A Scientific, Philosophical, and Theological Critique

It’s huge. Most people have not read the whole thing. Was there a particular chapter or topic it addressed that you wanted to discuss?

Thanks Christy, more seeking general impressions. My sense is that it shuts down any notion of evolution, possible even old earth creationism?

I have not read it myself, though I have seen and read notes by individual contributors. You can read Dr Haarsma’s response here.

The discourse also addresses the theological critique from Dr Grudem elsewhere. I would be very interested to read your impressions of the book.

1 Like

It does have a very narrow defintion of theistic evolution. That was discussed some here and here if you are interested.

You can pull quotes from the other threads into this one by selecting text, hitting quote, and then navigating back here to this thread to post. Your post window will stay open while you move around the forum. (That is, if you would like to respond to anything from a discussion thread that is now closed.)

1 Like

I haven’t read it yet but there is a good ongoing review and discussion on it on youtube channel itisaboutgod.

This is an SDA group at Loma Linda University.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.