God Nudging in Evolution

Why do you presume that from your premisses?

Healing proves that He doesn’t. I.e. it never happens (note third person present tense), because He cannot intervene in healing without leaving a statistical trace. There is none.

Because that’s what scripture says repeatedly happened. I agree healings through laying on of hands and so on never happens anymore. Cessationist.

Because what? What’s the connector?

What exactly are you disagreeing with?

God knows everything?
God is eternal?
God interacts with his creation?
God does answer prayers?
God is a actual supernatural being?
God can work within and outside the laws are must live by?

How do we get from here

to here

?

Again, I posted a handful of questions just let me know which one you take issue with and then I can answer it. This will essentially be my response again and again.

There seems to be some confusion here so let me explain. Starting from the beginning, which is important, @GregLogan a first time contributor, began this topic by saying God did not poof humans into existe4nce, but by nudging them into existence. Then @beaglelady said that God did not intervene to bring us into existence, but interacted with us to nudge us into existence and @GregLogan agreed. Then I agreed with them saying God does not intervene to bring us into salvation, but clearly does interact.

Then @Dale brought up @maggie777’s experience and added in his own and others to day that he favors intervention , while saying that there was not much difference. First of all I has not denied the religious experience of anyone and will never do so. I can onlyspe4ask about what I know which is my own religious experience and to some extent what others have shared with me. I do not claim that it is absolute truth, only that it is what I through my experience and study have found to to be true. I do not pretend to speak for God , bit I am trying to share God’s Truth as I know it.

@Dale, to be honest U think that you are being rude by by trying to pock an argument with me, while I am dialoging with someone else, esp… a new participant. If you want to present an argument to hum, using Maggie’s testimony fine, As it turns our Maggie does not claim that God intervened directly to help her, as ID’ers say, so as powerful as it is as a testimony, it does not support your claim of intervention.

Can God intervene in evolution? Yes, of course. Does that mean that God does because I think God should. NO Can God intervene in life because I ask God in prayer? God could, but God does things because they are right and in the right way, not to please us or to show off God’s power.

@Klax. I must inform you that you really do not know what God does, does not do. and why God does it. Your argument. “Why would He?,” is not an argument. It is sophistry. . . .

Roger

Just to be clear - I actually REJECTED the “nudging” experience as I found it less than credible - and was disappointed to see it proffered.

1 Like

You have grossly misrepresented what I said.

1 Like

But you do know. That’s great. So what does He do and not do? You know, on a day to day basis, on any level of human experience? And why? Or not? And why wouldn’t He?

I need an answer. Not questions. It’s very simple.

In a nutshell my answer is because of scripture. That’s how I make those points. Scripture shows that God has no beginning or end and is eternal. Scripture shows that God answers prayers. Scriptures show that God works in the lives of his creation and so on.

Why do you believe God does not play a role in our lives or in his creation?

“But you do know” Yes, I know that God interacts with people, created in God’s Image, because God interacts with me and has interacted with people down through the centuries.

“And why?” That I cannot say, except because God chooses to love me, despite my being unworthy of God’s Love.

“And why won’t He?” Because I do not deserve it, but God does anyway.

1 Like

How does He love you, interact with you, nudge you? Of course you deserve it, the love that is: you’re His child. What kind of God is it that just insouciantly, casually creates and walks away? Or worse, creates a Wasp Factory.

If I deserve God’s Love only because I am God’s child, then what doe that have to do with me? Yes, if I am the offspring of someone they are obligates to provide me a good home, education, and the basics of life . You don’t think God does this?

In the parable of the Prodigal Son the father did all this and gave the younger son his inheritance, , which he did not have to, but he did. But the gather did not have to take him back as a servant and certainly not as his don.

As I said God does care , but not because God must love us. No one is obligated to love others. Love must be a free gift, because that is what it is. God is not obligate4d to create us, but God did. God was not obligated to create us in God’s own Image, but God did. God was not obligated to give us this beautiful n fruitful planet as a home , but God did. The Father was not obligated to send to send the Son, but God did. We do not accept God’s gifts and often we do not and God does not force them on us.

I do not know why you choose to focus on the negaqti9ve side of life, particularly the facti0onal dark side of life. People need to take responsibility for their lives and not blame things on God. God gives us choices. That is as far as God’s Obligation hoes toward us. It is on us how we make those choices and live our lives.

God - Love - cannot not love His creation. Efficaciously. Not worse than uselessly, not as the nastiest character in fiction.

Of course you are in position to to judge God and make God responsible for the evil in this world.

God makes Himself ultimately responsible by an infinite quantum leap of course. And yes, through suffering, including others’ I have caused, I am in a perfect position to judge yet others’ Gods.

God does not make Godself responsible for the actions of humans by giving ithem existence. It is sick to insist that I am not responsible for my actions…

We’re all sick mate. And commanded to be well. God is responsible for you making you responsible for your highly determined actions.