God in the Bible vs other religions

• Pardon my “wobble-head” antanaclasis: “maybe, maybe”.
  • Historically, I believe–at least since the time of Jesus–his followers have not, as far as I know, wallowed in that “mud hole”.
  • What kinds of things, abstract and concrete, evolve? verbal constructs, ideas, theories, and–according to my rudimentary understanding of evolutionary theory: life forms.
  • But can a living being, … one who moves in and through space and time, evolve? I’m happier, to be sure, with one who was, is, always will be the same, but for “inclusionary purposes”, I suppose our Creator could evolve, but I hesitate to consider that a hard and fast rule. IMO, it’s “a rabbit hole”, a distraction.
  • I am, however, averse to the notion that the Old Guy in Bragg’s painting. evolves. Puppets, on the other hand, I think not. At least in any worthy-of-recognition sense. The transition of a puppet, from a puppet to a little “old guy” via a resurrection is not, IMO, an evolutionary transition.
  • “John Muir” transcendalists and their ilk, including McGilchrist wanna-bies, will indubitably object. But we orthodox Christians and them folk don’t “fear” the same Being, so I don’t see that agreement is important or necessary.

I agree wholeheartedly with that.

2 Likes

@DOL

• Have you heard of concave cell earth

• However, after we leave our physical bodies. I believe we leave the membrane of the Earth’s outer cell. There’s more than our universe. I’m assuming, so I could be wrong.

• I’m curious if there are many cells and Earth is one of them. Perhaps we can visit other cells and obtain that type of physical body to live in that cell?

Here’s my first time learning your information

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.