Global family tree ‘traced’ to Noah’s sons through Y chromosome

So once a person is born again they never sin? Even creationists? :rofl:
What about confess your sins or faults to one another?
A dead tree does not have the fruit of His Spirit. One who is not saved is habitually sinning.

Does that mean, someone who is habitually lying is not saved?

When you claim the disciples had an opinion on evolution then you are lying.

That includes your opinions on the meaning of God’s Word.

They certainly don’t line up with everything God is telling us in the data He sends from the earth and sky. They only line up with your opinions about the meaning of scripture.

1 Like

Apart from every day and in the multitude of words.

Many (most?) YECs are not lying, they just don’t know any better. They have misled themselves and/or have been misled by others. Some certainly have christian-speak and holier-than-thou-speak nailed, as fairly recently evidenced!

2 Likes

Sorry, but I have no idea what this has to do with what I wrote. You’re telling me I have to lie about evolution to be a true follower of Christ. I don’t think that’s true.

6 Likes

No-one round here is saying anything of the sort. Believing in creation is not lying.

Accusing other disciples who believe in creation of not believing in creation, just because they acknowledge the reality that it happened a lot longer than six thousand years ago and involved processes that offend your pride, however, is lying.

:thinking: there is a misunderstanding here, confused. Someone on here said that all creationists are liars.

:thinking: okay jammycakes

1John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son

That phrase goes back to post 42.

Before that, Shannon quoted an article that accused an evolutionary creationist of “the cardinal sin” of “dishonesty” and Mitchell said that as long as they contradict the evidence God sends us in the Earth and sky, “The clear message is that creationists are liars.”

But the more extreme formulation as “all creationists are liars” was your own contribution to this thread.

4 Likes

The specific false witness we are focused on here, Kelli, is Jeanson’s assertion that it is demonstrated that the entire global family tree can be traced to Noah. Disturbingly, Jeanson has misrepresented and glossed over an extensive body of knowledge to promulgate that idea. Are you OK with that, just because the conclusion happens to be acceptable to your systematic theology?

2 Likes

Is God’s word really the authority? Let’s see. Look at 1 Chronicles `16:30

Tremble before him, all the earth!
The world is firmly established; it cannot be moved.

In this and other places, the Bible claims that the earth doesn’t move. But scientists say the earth rotates on its axis and also orbits the sun. So what do you believe about this, @Kelli ?

1 Like

Are you saying you do not believe the Word of God?
His Word does not change.
The Lord established the earth in its place and it cannot be moved. It is right where the Lord put it. Does it rotate, yes.

Do you have a verse for that rotating bit?

1 Like

Not off hand. Do you have a scientific book that is inspired by God?
Are scientists more knowledgeable than God? NO

If I find it, I will share it.:+1:t2:

Does it revolve around the sun.

2 Likes

Does all truth come from reality? YES

1 Like

But scientists get their knowledge from God’s creation so you could say God is the source of their knowledge, even if they don’t acknowledge it.

Is this a different type of knowledge from God’s special revelation? Yes, but the two have to harmonize. And remember that God’s special revelation is filtered by our human, fallible interpretation of the Bible.

6 Likes

nice try.

Does it rotate around the sun? Is the universe expanding? Science says yes.

1 Like