Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine,

I am in the middle of my annual, weeklong spiritual retreat and I wanted to share insights that I find very enlightening. We often discuss exhaustively the finer points of scripture and come to no conclusion. So the question arrises, why didn’t God clearly explain everything to mankind? Why is His message so unclear?

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you. (Matt 7:6)

I have referred in the past to the Heisenberg principle, and it is exactly what Matt 7:6 says. God’s Laws only allow His Word to be taught at the same level as the people receiving it. He will not through pearls to the pigs, or spell all the details of His plans to unenlightened people.

What I find encouraging today is that we have reached an age of “freedom of thought”, not known to my parents. It is this limited freedom of spirituality that gives me hope for the future.