Georgia: Not out of the woods, and far from herd immunity

You will read my post anyway. :grin:

Driving at 75 is legal sometimes. Sometimes it is not. When it is legal, I am not confusing it with when it is not.

Truthful, off-topic statement without relevance to the topic being discussed.

It answers your misconception.

Sure it is.

Okay, is it officially ‘illegal’ to walk through a cancer ward where everyone is immunocompromised when you have the flu?

Yes, I suspect it is.

The cancer patients have little choice in being there.

I think the charge might be reckless endangerment.

If you want to declare Person A’s going to a place where others have voluntarily gone while Person A may or may not be sick can be prosecuted for reckless endangerment, I think that at position is extreme.

The COVID-19 pandemic is extreme.

Cite the staute, please.

I suspect the DA would have to convince a grand jury the conduct is consistent with this statute.

I can’t imagine this applying to masklessness in a non-clinical setting.

Thank you. That should be used for those refusing to wear masks. The pandemic is extreme.

If you think so, lobby your local district attorney.

But don’t expect success.

I wouldn’t. I would expect thinking failure. Demonstrated pretty much everywhere, huh.

Too many can’t. You are not at all unique in that regard, hence a large part of the severity of the pandemic.

1 Like

“Every public official, regardless of party or position, should advocate for every American to wear a mask in public, appropriately socially distance and to wash your hands frequently every day. At the same time, we should be reopening in every corner of this nation under these guidelines,” Christie said.

Every corner except corner bars and probably most restaurants. And prohibit public gatherings above certain numbers, and private ones too, possibly depending to some degree on local and regional statistics.

“While we may seem very divided today, I do believe we can use this public health tragedy to bring us together. It is never too late to start,” he said, but “It will take leadership that both challenges and trusts the American people.”

(He was gracious in not mentioning challenged leadership. :grin:)

1 Like

If you don’t have success pushing your local DA to prosecute maskless people for reckless endangerment, you can always try depraved indifference.

There may be DA out there who would be that extreme, like the one who is prosecuting people for protecting their home from terrorists by standing on the front porch with legal weapons.

But don’t expect success.

Why are you so against mandating masks and supportive of more sickness, pain and death, speaking of depraved. If their importance had been presented properly by good leadership instead of being undermined, detracted from and politicized, we wouldn’t be having this discussion. Mandating masks is not extreme except to a prideful and rebellious people, susceptible to conspiracy theories and insistent on their freedumb!

1 Like

You misunderstand me, Dale.

Not as you’ve expressed yourself here.

Here, let me fix it for you.

There may be DA out there who would be that extreme concerned for justice, like the one who is prosecuting people for protecting “protecting” their home racially segregated community from terrorists a crowd of peaceful protestors who were passing through by standing on the front porch with legal weapons pointing loaded weapons while screaming threats.

2 Likes

Those “peaceful protesters” broke down their gate, were trespassing on private property, threatened to kill them, and were picking out which rooms they were going to live in when they stole their house.

I hope that doesn’t happen to you at your house.

Chris, where are you getting your misinformation?

Did that happen before or after they were outside instigating with their artillery?