Hello, just finished reading:
He makes an interesting assertion about Genesis 1 events based on his scientific credntials. He describes himself as:
Dr. Michael G. Strauss is a David Ross Boyd professor of physics at the University of Oklahoma in Norman. He conducts research in experimental elementary particle physics at CERN laboratory in Geneva, Switzerland, where he studies the fundamental particles and forces in the universe.
He proposes the following explanation:
- The heavens and the earth are created. The earth is formless, empty, and watery and dark on the surface.
- Light appears on the surface of the earth as the atmosphere thins and the planetary and interplanetary dust clears.
- The water cycle begins.
- The continents form.
- Plants sprout from the ground.
- The atmosphere becomes transparent, making the sun, moon, and stars visible and giving them a purpose for humans.
- Fish, sea mammals, and birds fill the sea and air.
- Higher mammalian life-forms fill the sea.
- Large mammals that will interact with humans fill the land.
- Humans are created.
My question is about step 2 (Genesis day 1 he says) and step 6 (day 3). Science types here: how does this agree with your view of deep time events? FYI his view is that Genesis days are “eras” not 24 hour time.