As we seek to make the Forum even more diverse and dynamic, it would be helpful to get a sense of the demographics of our community. So I’ve put some poll questions below. It’s totally anonymous, trust me. Thanks in advance for all who participate.
How would you describe your perspective on origins? NOTE: If you are an ID proponent, pick the option that best suits you. I’m aware that you don’t like to be pigeonholed, but this is anonymous.
Here’s how I define each perspective:
- Young-Earth/Recent Creationist: Days in Genesis are 24 hour periods, earth and universe are approx. 6000 years old. Macroevolution (common descent of all life) is false. No animal or human death before the Fall .
- Old-Earth/Progressive Creationist: Days in Genesis correspond to “eons” of time and periods of God’s creative activity. Macroevolution (common descent of all life) is false, but animal death happened before the Fall.
- Evolutionary Creationist: Evolution and natural processes explain the development of the universe, earth, and all life. God’s creative power is expressed alongside “natural” processes rather than interrupting them. Death occurred before the Fall.
- Atheist/Secular: The universe can be entirely explained by natural processes. Physical reality is all that exists; the supernatural is a myth. Evolution describes the development of all life.
- Young-Earth/Recent Creationist
- Old-Earth/Progressive Creationist
- Evolutionary Creationist
Which continent do you call home?
- North America
- South America
What age are you?
What is the highest level of education you’ve attained?
- High School
Thank you so much for helping us out, and for your contributions here.