Following the Thread of Risk through Vaccine Trials

A look into how clinical trials play a role in the identification, understanding, and prevention of medical risks. Understanding clinical research is key to comprehending vaccine decisi

2 Likes

Great article that covers the process and gives a good foundation of understanding. The devil is in the details, so to speak, and much of the misunderstanding people have of adverse events is in differentiating baseline risk from that additional risk caused by the vaccine. That is why the placebo group is so important.
I remember looking at anti-depressant studies and seeing where 15% or so of participants dropped out due to intolerable side effects-in the placebo group! Prayers for the researchers!

6 Likes

I have volunteered to participate in a covid-19 vaccine trial. They haven’t contacted me yet.

5 Likes

Keep us posted!!

2 Likes

They’re doing one here also, which doesn’t give me warm fuzzies. Does that mean we’re expected to be a hotspot? We mostly missed the first wave and have now been shooting up in numbers the last month. Yippee.

I’ve thought about volunteering. It’s the Pfizer one.

Where do you live?

Huntsville, AL area. They’re doing it in Huntsville and Athens, which are in counties right next to each other.

I’ve been looking for trials, but have seen none offered here. By the way, I have family nearby in Ft. Payne Ala. and my dad was born there.Wait, just found one. Sending for more info.

1 Like

Ok, so it’s the same trial I’m in! I’m in Connecticut, where there are few infections because we’ve handled it very well with wise laws to keep us safe, but you never know. People might be traveling to Florida to see Mickey and could bring back the virus. I’m particularly at risk since I’m a senior with a heart condition.

So anyway, I’m all signed up. I’ve already had a long phone interview with 1000 questions. The trial will involve 6 visits to the Clinical Research place over 26 months, 5 blood draws, 2 vaccinations, and I’m sure lots more. I’m assuming I won’t be told if I’m getting the real deal in the vax or just a placebo. But I will know when the Bill Gates Mark of the Beast appears on my forehead. Good thing I wear bangs!

Now we’re just waiting for Pfizer to tell the research place how many people they need.

6 Likes

Love it! Thanks for your service.

1 Like

Enjoy your new chip! :joy:

2 Likes

Oh, I will. I suspect I’ll even get an upgrade with each visit to he clinic.

1 Like

Firmware. It can be done with 5G remotely, dontchaknow. :grin:

3 Likes

Exciting to hear! Sounds like a lot of work, but I hope they get great and clear results!

1 Like

But for 5G, your face mask has to have a integrated antennae over the nasal bridge.

3 Likes

It’s built into your mask… it’s the nose strip.

[Edit: Duh. It looks like I can’t read.]

I knew it! 

Thank you! I don’t think it will be that much work except for filling out forms. If I get the real vax (not the placebo), I’ll let my immune system do all the real work–churning out antibodies!

1 Like

If they try give you two shots, one on your hand and and other on your forehead, that’s when you know your in trouble :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Maybe I should mess with everyone…take a marker and put “666” on my forehead after the vax. And then I’ll pretend I can’t see it! :skull:

4 Likes