Finding God or him finding us

Never seen a christian do that lol.Have you?What kind of straw man is this?

I guess then ; the ancient greek philosophers who were pagans and did adressed their gods were stupid right?

Also at least here in Greece santa claus is not an imaginery “beign”.Santa here is saint Nicholas which leaved at now day Turkey.He is considered a saint for the church here but nonethelless he was a historical person.

Also imaginary? Yeah tell that to those pesky early christians who died claiming they saw him.

Ps:Im sad that you were forced to believe.becasue it really seems like it from what you wrote.Anyway thats not a correlation though.I know people who were raised believing in nothing.Some became more radical about it and some turned to the opposite side.So not all people raised believing in things like God or as you said imiganary santa etc etc.Yet some of them later do.

This division between believers and non-believers is a real one, IMO. We non-believers have made peace with the idea of the universe being the result of unguided processes. I’m not saying that one side is better than the other, only recognizing that this is one of the bigger differences between the two groups.

1 Like

Yeah i agree. If you made peace with it inside you and it seems logical to you im ok with it.For me it doesnt and nothing is gonna change it(expect maybe if we actually build a time machine)

1 Like

The only problem with that is ultimate reality. Every knee will bow, not all willingly.

So believers hear their names, unbelievers don’t. I don’t, therefore I’m not a believer. Rigggghht.

Some have eyes to see and ears to hear, some do not.

Although I’m a reluctant unbeliever. I wish there were some kind of a loving deity who’s pure love.

See what? Hear what? I invoke God certainly. I hear Him through the mental noise. I make Him up that way. I project Him that way.

This way. Make it so Vlad, make Him so. Like a good little existentialist.

This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters. 1 John 3:16

God is not Santa Claus with no coal. He is Love, but he is also Righteousness, Justice, Mercy and Grace.

They are aspects of Love.

The real God of George Müller doesn’t conform to the individual’s bean bag chair emotional comfort.

Yes. It’s the Righteousness and Justice part you effectively deny, however.

Quote me. Not your inverted, [distorted] image. [I included both in Love above. So how does that effectively deny them?]

“Universalism”. Talk to me on PM, else our posts will be deleted. My answer stands, even after your quick edit (and mine :slightly_smiling_face:).

That’s fine by me.

What is? You need to articulate a little better. On PM.

Just to clarify, you can’t preach Universalism here? Or you can’t preach against Universalism?

It tends to degenerate, especially when some people are involved, and it’s been discussed before.

I mentioned the book, earlier in the thread.

He certainly doesn’t.