Fear and climate change response

Dr. Katharine Hayhoe was recently interviewed about climate change, and as usual, gives a lot of excellent insights about our social interactions around this. My apologies if this was already linked in another thread somewhere - but if so, I couldn’t find it. It would bear repeated attention in any case.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing – I think her distinction between “denialist” and “dismissive” is helpful. I can see why calling someone a denier can make for a charged interaction and shut off conversation before it starts, while “dismissive” seems more like a description of an action or outlook that can be changed.

I can also see her point about how psychologically we can only take so much fear – while I do try to take climate change seriously, I also see the appeal of burying one’s head in the sand, at times anyway.

1 Like

“Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.” -Colossians 4:6

This is a place for gracious dialogue about science and faith. Please read our FAQ/Guidelines before posting.