Favorite cryptids?

A cousin of a friend of mine claims to have seen Old Knobby (local bigfoot or sasquatch) crossing the local highway. Of course, the same cousin is the one who accidentally collected and ate some of the wrong mushrooms and started seeing giant pink bunnies all over the yard…

3 Likes

Neat! I like that name for a cryptid. :grin: That does seem to be a theme in some of these sightings… teens partying in the woods for two days and see something weird… shocking!

Maybe he was an Energizer Battery salesman and just dreaming?

Many cryptid believers also mix in the supernatural.

I’m sure some of y’all have probably seen “The Mothman Prophecies” film from 2002 about the supposed incidents in the late 60s of Point Pleasant. They merge a sort of supernatural aspect to it. Then again, as mentioned before I’m a big fan of the podcast “‘The Sasquatch Chronicles” which claims to have interviews with eye witnesses of Bigfoot, though they also bleed into views of things like dog men and skin walker.

Anyways with Bigfoot there are some who claims to have witnessed it and felt the Holy Spirit guide them to rebuke it. They believe that angels still sleep with women at times, or that the ones from the past are still here, and that their offspring is this angelic humanoid Bigfoot. There is also some of them who claim that Bigfoot is an alien/human or alien’s genetically modified some humans through experiments creating these Bigfoot.

It gets even deeper. There is legitimately some who believe that scientist made up aliens and ufos as a way to cover up a satanic cabal of atheists wanting to discredit the “ soon to be “ rapture. By creating fake aliens and ufos they will use that as the excuse to hide the disappearance of Christian’s in the rapture and that the Bigfoot is a “ missing link “ created to support evolution.

2 Likes

Wow, that is interesting. All of this leads me to wonder why we search for such odd ideas–they are typically “bigger and better” or odder versions of what is common. Those who believe strongly in cryptids also often seem to adhere to conspiracy theories (that’s not the ones who like to do it for fun, I think). . Thanks.

1 Like

The Carnivorous Ethiopian Buffalo and the Shapeshifting, dimension hopping, man eating sloth.

Both real cryptids.

https://twitter.com/bestcryptids/status/1666057519393898498?s=46&t=4jiynSwROPA6pSgdDTq-BA

Also my local cryptid, the ‘Canvey Island Monster’.

1 Like

They haven’t finished filling the grave, or even closing the coffin? :grin:

1 Like

That’s an enjoyable story–thank you!
Canvey Island Monster – Cryptopedia (code.blog)

Nessie is missed. It is an important attraction for tourism and income in the region. Petty scientific studies cannot wipe the economical interests away.
Wild conspiracy theories do not either disappear because of petty scientific results - who knows if illuminati is trying to hide something important that is happening in the area, possibly cooperation between aliens and the billionairs that plan to rule the world.

4 Likes

https:// NATUREHOOD🔹 on Instagram: "Bigfoot 😂 (If the dog ain't tripping then ur probability fine 👍) FOLLOW @ntgo_ for more amazing content ❤️ 🎥tiktok viral #bigfoot #funnyvideos #usa🇺🇸 #viralvideos #explorepage #exploreusa #bigfootisreal #usanature #usaroadtrip #usatravel #usanationalparks #findyourpark #nationalparkservice #nationalparkusa #usaprimeshot"

I think a lot of people also just are able to set apart reality and enjoy the events. I also know for a fact, several of the bigger names in cryptid hunting don’t believe it. They know most others don’t truly believe it either. However, they stay in character to help keep the mystery of the event alive , make it more fun and scary and they know that even if someone does not really believe it, if they think you do, they will be more likely to get caught up in the experience as well.

But there are also definitely people who really believe it. But most of the time at an event, unless you really know them, you won’t know if they are in character or a real believer.

2 Likes

Like a costume party, I suppose. : )
Except some of us don’t have to dress up!

2 Likes

That happens in politics too, but more insidiously.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure the guy who did the presentation I went to was a “true believer.” He said he started his Bigfoot show on YouTube because he realized most of the other shows he watched were “fake” (not sure what he meant by that, but maybe that they were edited for intensity, involved fake encounters, or were made by non-believers), so that’s why he started his own. Almost sounds like a Bigfoot fundamentalist or something…

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.