Evolution theory vs God?

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on that one.

That would seem to challenge God’s omniscience.

I’m and atheist and that sounds like a horrible argument. It is even stranger if it supposed to be part of a religion where people have to seek out redemption for sins.

1 Like

Only according to logically incoherent definitions of omniscience which makes God incapable of things which any human being can do.

And I am a Christian telling you that the opposition to evolution is not about a lack of humility.

True, but there are sectors of Christianity (not mine) which don’t give people such a role. For them it is all God calling people to Him.

There is no guidance in nature.

Opposition to evolution is all about fear of loss of meaning. Lack of humility. Lack of faith. Lack of love.

God providentially intervenes and guides whenever he wants, but it is not detectable scientifically. His providential M.O. is recognizable in people’s lives, though.

In what class of event is it possible for Him to intervene and for it to be undetectable? No natural event. Including illness. I have no idea what His MO could be beyond incarnation and into the first degree of separation; the disciples and first apostles, emissaries. If He does what He wants, that tells us what He wants to do.

He intervenes in mutations, for example, since the beginning of life and even in the beginning of life. He chose the timing and placing of the carcinogenic mutations in my kidney, even to the day of the month.

Yeah, I know. For those who have eyes, Maggie’s sequence is wonderful.

His providence gave us our moon, as noted elsewhere.

How does He undetectably intervene in mutations which happen naturally? To what end? What would not happen if He didn’t undetectably intervene in mutations. Or other accidents?

Well, if I knew how he did it, I wouldn’t have said undetectably, would I. Was there anything ‘unnatural’ in Maggie’s sequence?

There are trillions of moons in our average galaxy alone. They are in the providence of the instantiation of the prevenient laws of physics which need no guidance.

Sure.  

Is that a rhetorical question?

Which one? The first was, the second was not.

You mean you don’t know if her insignificant life events are natural or not? You can’t tell? Why not?

I didn’t say I didn’t know.

What do you gain by diminishing Maggie and her crises? Her adoptive Father and mine lovingly stooped to her supply her needs. Her life events were significant to him.

Her life events are no more significant than a Yemeni child shot by a Houthi sniper. Or that I made a gnocchi bake.

Yeah, theodicy is an issue. It has been written about by people way more capable than me. I will not charge God with wrongdoing. And that was a red herring.

A little light reading – google this:

site:desiringgod.org rob bell

Yeah, Eli Wiesel. Who had to watch God being lynched as, in a teenage boy. It takes 20 minutes.

I have the tattoo.