Earth Day is Thursday, April 22, 2021

Earth Day is Thursday, April 22, 2021. I thought I’d post some resources.

The American Museum of Natural History has a family-friendly online festival with all kinds of free activities, all through the day and evening. Some activities you have to RSVP for, but others you just watch. It looks like a great program!

Then at 8 pm PBS will air Greta Thunberg: a Year to Change to World

This revealing series follows Greta Thunberg as she steps from behind the podium and onto the front lines. Over the course of the three episodes, Greta explores the science as she travels to extraordinary locations across the globe, meeting leading climate scientists, witnessing first hand the consequences of climate change and confronting the complexity of what is required to make change happen.

Watch live on your TV or stream it online later.

1 Like

BioLogos used to observe Earth Day, but not this year.

3 Likes

They released an earth day themed video on Instagram…doesn’t that count?

1 Like

I guess you didn’t visit the BioLogos homepage before you posted this?

At the very top it says, “Celebrating Earth Day” with the common question “Why Should Christians care about Creation” and every single featured article is about ecology or environmental justice.

2 Likes

Yes. at the very top, in a very tiny font, gray on white, it says “Celebrating Earth Day.” Not the best layout.

Every Earth Day Disney Nature releases a new nature film, and this year’s “Secrets of the Whales” is just outstanding! It seems that whales actually have culture! You can see the film on Disney Plus. If you don’t have it, you can get a free trial subscription.

It’s a new design, appreciate the feedback. I also wasn’t a fan of how small it was, but it’s not meant to be the main attention-grabber, merely to provide context when needed.

Yes, we intentionally changed the homepage to reflect our top creation care pieces, released both the animated video and a creation care podcast with Sandra Richter on Earth Day. We have many different channels to be attuned to!

We released it everywhere! Homepage, YouTube, IG & Facebook. :slight_smile: Managing all the social channels is a full-time job! (I should know…I’m the one doing it! :rofl:)

1 Like

It was like trying to read the dire warnings on my prescription bottles! Last year’s Earth Day layout was much better.

Can’t say I remember it exactly…lots has happened since then. :rofl:

You can do a search. At least your tiny headlines don’t tell me I’ll probably die instantly if I take the prescription!

I’m not sure what you’re referring to. Last year’s homepage on Earth Day was advertising for a Francis Collins COVID event, and the year before that we did not change the homepage for Earth Day.

It wasn’t a homepage change, but was a forum topic. But it was clearly about Earth Day

BioLogos obviously spends on professional graphic design so they should care about what works or not.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.