Dr. Oscar Gonzalez: A Life of Science and Faith

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://biologos.org/blogs/archive/dr-oscar-gonzalez-a-life-of-science-and-faith

Thank you for sharing your story, Dr. Gonzalez. It is interesting to here how there was only YEC related materials to read regarding science and faith in your formative years. Has that situation improved in Spanish language materials?
While you made many great observations, your comments on creation care resonated with me. You said " Creation is suffering, and all these problems of species extinction, pollution, climate change, these are problems of sin." Perhaps we do not go far enough in our discussions of it being a responsibility to care for the environment, but need to emphasize more that not doing do indeed is sinful.

Hi Phil. I just saw the post in the BioLogos website. Happy to see that my story impacted. My formative years were the 1980’s, beyond the translated books and booklets of Henry Morris, Duane Gish and others, nothing was available in chrsitianity and science for us in South America. Yes, the situation improved with books, articles and webpages that advocate for Evolutionary Creation in Spanish. I am glad to be a contributor.
On creation care, it is obvious that creation is groaning, but it is sad that few Christians think that this is something important to notice and act. We should remember that “If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them” (James 4:17).

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.