Does Morality come from God, Evolution or both?

I don’t judge Him and His Son at all. I’m fine with them. I judge others’ judgement of Them from Paul to you who claim to know Them and judge Them correctly.

What is your ‘correct’ concept of God’s love for us? Apart from the dead, fossilized, extinct words of Paul?

Believe what that Jesus is reported to have said?

I knew it was Spurgeon straight away. A fossil little evolved and in fact devolved from Paul, in his circular Biblicism, creating negative information in perverse conformance to Goedel’s Second Theorem of Incompleteness. The one thing I like about him is that he liked a cigar.

Yeah, it would not have been difficult to deduce after seeing the title, Morning & Evening. :grin:

I know nothing about that, it was the Victorian style.

Yeah, that’s a dead giveaway, too, since he is the only one that used it.

(I thought you were more literate than that, not to recognize the title.)

Few - British understatement - others get posted. Spurgeon is a Calvinist favourite. The favourite Victorian.

There are more than a few 19th century Scott Calvinists.

This was addressed straight to you (well, maybe a couple of others here as well, but you are the most obnoxious :grin:):

Thus you undeserving mortals dream that my Lord is to be dictated to by you! You are beggars at his gate, asking for mercy, and you must needs draw up rules and regulations as to how he shall give that mercy. Think you that he will submit to this? My Master is of a generous spirit, but he has a right royal heart, he spurns all dictation, and maintains his sovereignty of action.

I did realise that, but if God wants to correct me, He’d do better with a talking ass rather than Martin Luther lite.

I am, which is why I didn’t.

You’re not hubristic either.

But if you belong to him, you won’t escape.

Joy & Strength

(OT unhitchers might note that verse in Ezekiel.)

Just get me the donkey.

You may think of yourself as being well read, but why should we be thinking of you as reading well?

A craving after marvels was a symptom of the sickly state of men’s minds in our Lord’s day; they refused solid nourishment, and pined after mere wonder. The gospel which they so greatly needed they would not have; the miracles which Jesus did not always choose to give they eagerly demanded. Many nowadays must see signs and wonders, or they will not believe. Some have said in their heart, “I must feel deep horror of soul, or I never will believe in Jesus.” But what if you never should feel it, as probably you never may? Will you go to hell out of spite against God, because he will not treat you like another? One has said to himself, “If I had a dream, or if I could feel a sudden shock of I know not what, then I would believe.”

I crave nothing less than the fulfilment of Christ’s gospel. I read that just fine, it’s plain as day after all. As is virtually everyone’s misunderstanding of it from Paul onwards.

Of course, your understanding couldn’t possibly be skewed and you can speak ex cathedra.

What, I’m not human? Orwell again.

I certainly don’t mean to detract from that.

1 Like

What is the Christ’s gospel. Explain it please.

? He ‘explains’ it. You know what He said.

I want to know your understanding of it so I can understand you better. Because.