Does Genesis 1:30 debunk the evolutionary theory?

Google has changed their algorithm. It used to be quite easy to find a Christian flat earth site, but I’m not coming up with one. Then you could see for yourself.

I can read what they say, and have. I was interested to converse with the OP.

Tag him.  

The key word is “seems” and you are taking what I said out of context. The whole point I was making is that the Bible does NOT say that the Earth is flat any more than it says that nobody ate meat before the fall. 3 times the Bible speaks of the four corners of the earth. 11 times it says the Earth is fixed and immovable. 3 times the Bible speaks of the earth having foundations or pillars holding it up. So no, the Bible does NOT say that the earth is flat, but it does SEEM to be describing the earth as shaped like a table with corners or like a house with a roof.

AND it is a fact that some people have gone from how the Bible describes the Earth to a conclusion that the earth is flat, just as some people have gone from how the Bible says God gave us plants to eat to the conclusion that we were all vegetarians in the beginning. But of course it doesn’t say any such thing.

1 Like

I understand that the word “seems” is key here. I quoted you as saying that the Bible seems to say that the Earth is flat. If this distorts what you are actually saying, my apologies.

Might one ask what that was in response to? I agree, they weren’t Abel’s pets. There seems to be genius at work at least in this final C6th BCE draft of a thousand years of oral and written tradition. The writer is recapitulating human social evolution, the conflict between post-hunter gatherer nomad-pastoralist and later farmer. The intelligentsia would have seen such cultures concurrent in their world and realised they weren’t always parallel.

From the opening post:

Genesis 4:2-5 would seem to indicate that humans eating meat came before Noah’s flood.

1 Like

Oh yeah, come across that nonsense before, hence Abel and his pet sheep.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.