Discovering my Family are Conspiracy Theorists

Another one I thought through:
3: If these nanobots are roughly 10 nm across, then they would have to be ~100 μm apart to fill you evenly. With detectors of ~10 nm across, you need ~5 mW of gamma rays to be emitted for each bot transmitting at ~1 kB/s. 5 mW may not seem like much, but these things only weigh 10^-19 g, giving an insane power density of 5x10^16 W/g. That’s the whole nanobot turning into energy every two seconds. Also there are 10^11 of these things. That’s 500 MW. Which would boil all of the water in you within 0.05 seconds. Assuming these nanobots can handle temperatures up to ~400 K, then they release “only” 25 MJ. Which is equivalent to ~0.5 kg of TNT. I think we would have noticed if people got vaporized by a substantial explosion within 0.05 seconds of being vaccinated.

2 Likes

A tinfoil hat should help.

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to reading the Handbook that is linked from the article. Thanks.

Weird Al has a song about that!

Welcome Kendel :blush:

1 Like

Dear DaughterofEve

Yes, I feel for you, being in a similar situation with a close friend since highschool days, who won’t accept the Covid vaccine though she is in a high-risk group, having been treated for an early-stage cancer (at least she went against her church’s advice and accepted that timely treatment so I do have hope for her).

Fortunately there are now some Covid treatments in pill form, properly approved in Australia, which have shown a high rate of effectiveness in trials, plus a couple more looking likely. Hopefully our loved ones would agree to take those if needed.

As for strengthening our relationships and helping them see validity in a different point of view, I suspect prayer will be more effective than trying to reason! Plus I guess, just setting an example of someone close who has had the vaccines and survived/not become a zombie or whatever that “Reset” is about…

3 Likes

This is encouraging! I do hope they’d be willing to take these if need be.

1 Like

Maybe if they are at death’s door. But until then, most will probably prefer to chug dewormer.

Honestly, there’s so much conspiracy theory out there, it almost out shouts the real info from CDC and government. Sheer repetition makes it almost seem believable. We have listened, ad nauseum, and many of us are afraid to talk for fear of angering the conspiracy theorists, even when what they say is slanderous and illogical.

Our hospitals are at 130% ICU capacity here, and patients as low as 65% on room air (or lower) present. Many are really worried about what’s going to happen with Thanksgiving.

West Michigan hospitals are overwhelmed with COVID, other illness | wzzm13.com

3 Likes

Sorry to hear it is so bad there. It has fallen of a lot here, but was really rough a month ago. It will be interesting what the holidays hold.

2 Likes

Glad that’s the case. I don’t know why it is so high here. No one masks in the schools, except a few local ones. My church doesn’t mask, either, and they love singing :).

Makes you think that might be related…. Perhaps colder weather has brought people into closer contact. Delta has really changed a lot of how it spreads. Glad I got my booster this week. My nephew who had a rough time is better but still on home 02 at night and with exertion. Most of the rest of the nieces and nephews who were skeptical got the jab, though there are a couple of hold outs.

2 Likes

4 Reasons Why Christians Believe Conspiracy Theories

3 Likes

Where do you live?

btw in my church, proof of vaccination is required to get through the door, masks are required, and even the choir of men and boys (angels) sing the choral eucharist with masks on!

3 Likes

We live in West Michigan. I put a link of a recent TV interview with our hospitals director in the post above. Apparently, it’s one of the highest spots in the nation now. I’m not sure why. It was really pretty good earlier, possibly because of Governor Whitmer, though I don’t know.

I’m convinced that masks help, though I’m sure it’s a combination of things that really works, especially vaccination but also good ventilation Etc according to CDC. Good for you!

4 Likes

My town doesn’t fool around either: when the vax first became available for little kids, the first 600 slots filled up in just 30 minutes.

2 Likes

Thanks Kelli, for posting. These excerpts/notes were exceptional:

When you see Christians engaging in grumbling, fault-finding, slandering people they have never met, do not know personally…people we see on tv…When you see Christians engaging in outrage, which is condemned in the N.T. as is fault-finding…When you see Christians engaging in very carnal, fleshly behavior, even fear, etc, to the point that it causes them to make very self-serving decisions…It is revealing what is already inside them. The pressure always makes known what is inside of us. We’re all getting a good clear look at our spiritual maturity…We’re all being exposed…You can become emotionally hijacked by this thing. But if a person can look at how they’re reacting to it and see that that’s an indication of their spiritual stature and spiritual maturity, it ought to drive us to Jesus Christ, and to allow Him to surgically do what He does best…that is, deal with areas in our lives that we may have been blind to so that He can transform them into His image.

This pandemic is a perfect example…It touches everything, our health, our finances, our relationships…God, with respect to His children, is zeroing in on areas of our lives that He wants to deal with. He is using the crisis to expose it and deal with it.

God is always at work in any crisis whether it’s personal or global…If we’re not careful we can be more discipled by the world’s system than by the Lord…Impacts from the world need to be minimized…It’s entertaining but…

Most conspiracy theories appeal to us on an emotional level not an intellectual level.

1. A conspiracy theory gives people a sense of moral superiority.

2. The profound desire for certainty

3. Too lazy to do critical thinking

4. Boredom

6 Likes

Probably best to brace yourself.

3 Likes

Last I saw, our county was at 47% (state average 67%). I think our church (not in the same county or state) is ~25%, but 75% have had CoViD at some point. Everyone that has tested positive has stayed home for two weeks following the diagnosis.

2 Likes

Wow! That’s a lot of people who have had COVID in your church already. It’s good to hear they stayed home for the required time. I didn’t even think it might be possible that people wouldn’t do that. Oh dear.

2 Likes