Defending my beliefs

No argument here. But I don’t think the value of God belief has anything to do with making sense of the world. It is about making sense of our humanity, something for which science is a poor choice.

2 Likes

I praise God that you were able to cogently state your belief that God may have (or has) guided evolution, as well as other supporting arguments. You basically educated the man that there were people of faith who adhere to Genesis and believe in evolution at the same time.

It would be nice if that were true, but I am skeptical. I see too many people who simply refuse to consider anything contrary to what they have chosen to believe. They prefer to think the whole world and even God Himself (in all tells us in the earth and sky) are lying to them rather than consider the suggestion that they are wrong.

And there is a huge difference between the subjective beliefs for which we only have subjective evidence such as personal experiences and things which are only reasonable to accept because written procedures give the same results no matter what we may want or believe. Any belief in universalism, Christianity, psychics, UFOs, or religion are in the first category while evolution and the rest of science is in the latter category. I think those who accept this distinction are not exceptions but the majority.

Are you the exception?

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.