Dcscccc discusses flagella

And, how, pray tell, is the instruction to give your money to the Poor “a device” ?

Luke 18:22-24
Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

And when he [the Rich Man] heard this, he was very sorrowful: for he was very rich.

And when Jesus saw that he was very sorrowful, he said, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!

It does other things too!Evolutionist do NOT tell you that though!Read John z take on the nerve function! he has it in order! It gives off several cardiac filaments in to the deep part of the cardiac plexus.As it ascends in the neck it gives off branches more numerous on the left than on the right side,to the mucus membrane and muscular coat of the esophagus ,branches to the mucus membrane an muscular fibers of the trachea, and some filaments to the constrictor Pharynges inferior! Richard Dawkins and evolutionist will NOT tell you those FACTS though will they??

Natural law and Darwinism is to completely different things! natural law really happens Evolution does NOT happen but scientist love to push it as though it does! i can accept that it rains and makes clouds that is true science you can see happen. that does NOT git rid of God However evolution happened a long time ago and you do NOT actually see it in real time happen,but scientist just claim it does! Naturalism as believed and pushed by Richard Dawkins claims God had NO part in the creation of this planet! please go to you tube and listen to Richard Dawkins talk,if they do not convince you nothing will? Richard Dawkins to me is a VERY EVIL man! I do NOT wish to believe anything even close to what he does!

@Martin,

BioLogos asserts natural law… it does not assert Darwinism. So I really don’t know what you are saying here.

Evolution is PROVED in Australia beyond a doubt. You have marsupial mammals occupying all the ecological niches … with no placental mammals.

And yet there are thousands of placental mammals in the rest of the earth. The only way the Marsupials could have come to dominate Australia is by speciation that spread into the various niches.

Elephants and Whales suddenly appear in the middle of the fossil horizons in the rest of the world … this appearance is the very definition of speciation.

You are tilting at windmills…

George

One thing the man who kept all the commandments lacked, was love and sacrifice. So he could not part with his wealth. Yet Jesus said that with God all things are possible, and that not all rich men would be lost. The man did lose his pride or his sense of power, since he could not give up his riches. It’s not a device, but who said it was? It was a real incident. Yet it was a device, because the whole situation was a teaching tool as well for those who saw it and heard about it. The command or suggestion made to the one man, was not necessarily understood as a command to everyone, but yet it had implications for everyone. Merely keeping the commandments in a legalistic fashion was not sufficient; it needed to be done willingly, eagerly, whole heartedly, and sacrificially.

what does Darwinism say? animals and plants evolved over along period of time. what does Bio logos say?animals and plants evolved slowly over long periods of time"with Gods direction and help". Now take the words Gods direction and help out of the sentence and what do you have? the same as Darwinism. Now what does the Bible say? The Bible says “God said and it was so” Genesis 1:24 It does NOT say God said and over MANY MANY YEARS things came to be and it was so. If the bible would read that way I would believe you !00%. But you can NOT and should NOT read into the Bible MORE than it says!

No, this is not the only way.

Fossils are always, always an incomplete story. They provide inferences, but can prove neither when they started, nor when they went extinct.

@johnZ

This is not the same as saying ALL - - or even MOST - - rich men will be saved.

You continue to make the Bible say what you want it to say … Giving away one’s wealth and joining a lay order is obviously what is intended in these verses.

The Catholics got it right when they made monastic ways of living a VALID expression of the Church. It is time for the Evangelicals to “belly up to the bar” and not only condone the monastic way of life … but ENCOURAGE it.

And as for AUSTRALIA - - you have yet to describe the alternative. And your dismissal of the eruption of Whales and Elephants in the midst of the fossil column is hardly credible.

George

@martin,

You are deliberately twisting these definitions.

Darwinism says Evolution WITHOUT GOD. BioLogos says Evolution ONLY WITH GOD.

There is a galaxy of difference between the two positions.

George

I say God spoke and it happened instantly with NO evolution needed! NOW that is A DIFFERENCE!

What article or quote are you talking about? This nerve INNERVATES the larynx.

Whales Came about when God spoke and filled the oceans with all kinds of creatures! How could they come any different a way?Genesis 1:21

Evolution is a fact. It is true whether you accept it or not. You live in a secular scientific society. How do you plan to live in such a society? Where are you going to work? What are you going to do for a living? What type of education are you going to receive? If you have children, how are you going to prepare then for a very different world than what you perceive to be real?

@Martin,

So…

5000 years ago… God created Dinosaurs, Whales and Elephants. And then there was the flood. All the dinosaurs died (and left fossils) … but apparently Elephants and Whales dog-paddled a good deal better than dinosaurs… for they were buried under the marine silts much, much later than the dinosaurs.

But amazingly … the marsupial mammals, when released from the Ark, they made a MAD DASH FOR AUSTRALIA … and got there before any of the placental mammals could… And then Australia BROKE AWAY rather instantly … and all the marsupials that didn’t make it to Australia … died… for some reason.

Is this really what you expect us to see in God’s Book of Nature?

The very different way is what the Book of Nature tells us … that evolution occurred over millions of years …

George

FOLLOW-UP NOTE TO MARTIN: Regarding your question to Patrick, Australia is the place where we can most easily see EVOLUTION IN THE WORKS.

Evolution is ONLY a FACT in the minds of the people who wish to push it as such! I have lived for 52 years and have NEVER witnessed anything in anyway evolving or even half way evolving before my eyes! A cow has always been a cow. A bee has always been a bee.a chicken has always been a chicken. a duck has always been duck even before I was ever born! and when I die it will be the same way! I have never seen any form of evolution on except on TV in fancy art work evolutionist have done!!I will never live for millions of years and neither will you to see as you claim “evolution supposedly happening”! I will believe the Bible as Gods Holy word!! Why because I have NEVER witnessed evolution happening in my life and if you were honest you would agree 100% because you have not either! You just take evolutionist word for it because they “claim it is real science” and you do NOT want to be seen or considered UN- scientific in any way!–>{sort of like being politically correct} I will go against the grain and say evolution is nothing more than complete monkey shine and hogwash!

Do you get a flu shot? If so why do you need to get it every year? Do you have (or had) any diseases that your parents or grandparents suffered from? Medical treatment of diseases rely on the understanding of evolutionary genetics to treat diseases. You may not accept evolution but your doctor and other medical professionals sure do. If you expect to live into your eighties or nineties, you had better hope that medical sciences continues to progress as it has. Thank medical science for being able to count on another 30 years or more of life.

Medical schools do NOT have evolution classes and do NOT depend on evolution in any way! —>Steven C.Meyer

Why don’t you refer me to a standard Anatomy and Physiology text book (human or animal) with this information in it and I’d be VERY HAPPY to take a look. It has to be a book that is used in a college A&P course. (My library can get any book.) btw, what you have described are not additional functions, are they? The laryngeal nerve innervates the larynx. That is its function.

you can look it up it is online.BUT Richard Dawkins will not tell it to you,he does NOT want you to know it!

In other words the nerve has more of a function that just "waste time looping around the heart vein. that is the point.