Cultures making different Gods (and religion being created to control people)

And why do you think that? Is this based on some evidence or a distant hope that it’s the case, since we long to make sense of it all?

Here is one illustration on how a suggestion that there is something guiding it all plays out in at least one person’s life.

It is basically out of regard for what I take to be the totality of ourselves. Consciousness has a much greater bandwidth than that which we access consciously. But intuitively we can sometimes access insight which isn’t something we build up from the bits we can hold consciously in mind. God isn’t what people have traditionally come to believe but then neither are we. I don’t expect you to like that answer.

1 Like

Sorry! Missed this. Aye, He is. My desire. Despite pruning down to the stump, there is the remembrance of a dream. I’m amazed that there’s any life in it [at] all. Who is He? Either the greatest human conspiracy ever told, or God incarnate. The novel, Mary’s Boy, writes itself with all the best will in the world. Culture made the ultimate different God. And actually becomes so incredible that it tilts over, C.S. Lewis style.

He is believable for me because if God grounds, zens, being, the antithesis of that is incarnation. At the first and best time and place. Stepping in to a homespun carpenter’s sandals in the dust of a remote Roman province, forcing it to kill Him, and sticking in the world’s throat and convulsing it ever since.

Despite everything that is human about Him, despite Him being right for the wrong reason - the barbarous, all but Godless OT - despite the most sublime deed - the Pericope Adulterae - being a myth centuries - over five in its finale edit - upon a myth. Despite all fully justifiable warrant of doubt, of disbelief, including of obscene theology built on Him distorted through the OT.

He endures. The love of God.

1 Like

Thank you for this.
(You didn’t see it because of my mistake.)

1 Like

jesus role was to show us the way to the father. It is not by reaching social status, for sure.
Becoming pregnant as a virgin in a country occupied by roman soldiers is only a mystery for the romantically inclined. To realists the story of loving this neighbour like ones own shows how the word of God - if we obey it - can turn an act of hate and oppression into a beacon of love and hope, like any worldly disaster can.

His death was the same, turning the symbol of hate and oppression into the symbol of love and hope. the worst thing one an do is to say that Jesus died for us to pay for our sins the death that God demanded. God never said that if you eat from that tree I have to kill you but explained the logical consequence of the act of separating your self from being part of God under his authority, thus cutting the the link to being part of the eternal life. Jesus overcame death by embracing it, staying one with God all his life. Therefore he could not die as he did not become a “self”

How we imagine life after death is our stumbling block. Is it as being a physical self served with eternal pleasure? Do you want to look like the old dishevelled person you looked like when you died or like in your prime? Why would you want to exist in eternity in a way that demarks you from Christ? What feature is so important that you want to be identifiable by that he did not have?

As I stated many times:

To live forever
is the art
to learn to live
in Jesus heart

2 Likes

Thanks for explaining more. You express views quite different from any I am familiar with.
Forgive me for not being familiar with things you’ve said before. The format of the forum makes it challenging to learn who is who quickly,and I can’t keep up with every thread, so I am sure I have missed much of what you have said, even only recently.
Thanks for explaining again.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.