Creation Photos Around the World

Your photos always cheer me up!

1 Like

The Florida Azalea which is a native rhododendron as well. A butterfly of some sort resting and blending into a leaf. Some Oak Hoppers.

Was going to hang out another few hours but I’ve not eaten since 11am yesterday and I’m starving. Going to get some vegetarian “tofu” sweet yellow curry.

4 Likes

From the back porch after an ugly, overcast day:

The sun is shining up from the horizon onto the bottom of the clouds and turning the trees behind me all golden.

3 Likes

Had a rare week off in the Lake District (Cumbria) A Landscape all of its own

3 Likes

Those are lovely photos, @RichardG . Thank you for sharing them!
Michiganders love lakes. They make us happy.

1 Like

I don’t know Michigan, having never crossed “the Pond”, but it is the contrast between the lakes and the surrounding hills that makes it so spectacular. I am guessing that Lake Michigan is probably bigger than all of the Cumbrian lakes put together.

Richard

3 Likes

Your lakes and hills are beautiful. We have very few hills in Michigan. Our lakes are contrasted with beautiful forests, and the big lakes have beautiful, large beaches. It’s a different style of beauty.

I hope you get to see them sometime.

And I hope to see your Lake District as well.

Kendel

3 Likes

3 Likes

Please allow me an indulgence. While in the Lake District we went to the local Zoo where they had a live flying display. This is the Harris Hawk coming into land

I had to crop the picture to make it fill the screen but apart from that it is untouched.

Richard

6 Likes

Thousands of years ago Oregon had numerous lakes that are no longer here due to our heavy rainfall (like just last week we had six inches in one day): lakes overflow, which cuts the exit channel deeper each time, until there’s just the river flowing through.

3 Likes

You couldn’t resize it? I use that feature a lot because I hate losing anything in photos!

Somewhere in northwestern California–

3 Likes

Thanks!
I read this interesting article in the BBC recently, about how redwoods are “thriving in the UK”! @RichardG , have you seen some? Apparently, well-to-do Victorians brought them over.
Thanks.

2 Likes

It was on the left side of the frame with only blurred background to the right of it. I was lucky to get what I did. You should see the failures.(deleted of course)

Richard

3 Likes

You are very talented!

I only know the twice stabbed beetle. Not sure what the caterpillars are.

This is the live oak tussock caterpillar. Cool and pretty. Painful to hold with your hands.

3 Likes

We’re still waiting for spring here in New England, so all I’ve got is the center of a fading paperwhite from the living room.

3 Likes

Pictures spaced through the eclipse here:

9 Likes

Awesome–thank you! I was not able to see this while at work (I knew there would be good photos, and this is wonderful)–that’s great! The light looked odd out our window, though

2 Likes

Hiking yesterday I came across a pine tree with a bunch of fuzzy caterpillars and noticed that every one of them was on a tip of a twig that had been cut off (to keep the trail clear). I should have pulled out my phone and gotten a picture.

3 Likes