I don’t suppose you know a lot of marine biologists on Cape Cod but my wife’s cousin Larry Madin studied coelenterates at Woods Hole for a very long career. I hear he is relatively more retired now.
No – the marine biologists I know on Cape Cod can be counted on the fingers of one foot.
Ha! Interesting way of expressing it . ![]()
Dear God … snowing still?! Perhaps God likes his chosen frozen?
We’ve had cold weather longer than ever before but no snow at my level. Tons in the Sierras though.
On a cheerier note roses are beginning to assert themselves in my garden. My favorite, Royal Sunset, is in the lead.
My favorite geranium maderens is also covered in flowers. I don’t have any good pics of it yet this year but here is one I like from before.
Better and better:
Elise and I drove through a snow squall yesterday near Brighton.
This is not exactly “normal.”
Oh, my!
Those roses are amazing!
Bluemist flowers.
Some chicks in a birdhouse.
Spring wildflowers popping up nicely in the bogs. Broad headed female skink.
In another few weeks there will start to be thousands and thousands of butterflies and moths visiting this spot which means shortly after that more and more spiders popping up lol.
Nice. I hope the severe storms down there are staying away from you!
Lovely Nebraska sky today (as is frequent ; - ).
A bright ‘sentinel of the plains’ peeking up on the horizon – small as they come, only four silos:
Frozen purple herbs of some sort, fern (I think), and s mix of spring beauty and false rue anemone on the forest floor
It won’t look like this until June or later here. It’s been so cool overwll this spring that thecherry trees and magnolias are still in bloom after two weeks. Some years we get a hard frost right after they bloom and the the petals are all on the ground soon.
Daffodils have been blooming for weeks, too. Strange. Every spring here has been strange for quite a while.
Your photos are, of course, stunning.
Randy, I’ve see the “fern” before, too, but I don’t think it’s a fern. I’ll keep looking in my plant books, but I don’t see anything in here remotely like it. Do ferns ever have leaves growing all around the main stem?
Thanks! I like the ground ivy. That is really interesting… I didn’t think it was a fern either at first, as you’re right, fern shouldn’t do that now I think of it…but Seek said maybe. I will think about it more. Thank you!
Thank you! Horsetail sprouts is what seek is now suggesting when I crop it…that may make more sense! What do you think?
I liked the ground ivy by our old house. There was a big patch of it in the shade of an old cottonwood (it grows well in the shade) …and it didn’t need to be mowed, yay. I wished it would spread more! ![]()
I didn’t know the name of the plant, but just looked it up. Yes. That seems likely. It grows all over here in ditches.
What do you think?
I think so! Thanks. I kind of like them.
If the Friendly Giant lived in a Bamboo forest, it might look like the ditch near us, filled with Horsetail.
Did you ever get to watch this? I bet @klw did! We got a lot of CBC in the Detroit area, and this was my VERY FAVORITE SHOW, when I was little. I almost cried every time he set up the chairs for the children to sit in.























