Creation Photos Around the World

Yeah I know it’s geocaching. I meant I wonder what the final spot and gift is.

2 Likes

Cranes and budding cottonwood (if you’re on a mobile device, I expect you’ll have to zoom in to see the cranes, some a thousand feet up or more):

1 Like

I’ll trust Dale that he knows the birds lol. I don’t know anywhere near enough to even know what patterns they fly in.

Today was a good and bad day. It was great because I was off and able to go on a long hike vs the short 1-3 hour hikes throughout the last few weeks since I’ve been working 10-12 hour days for around the last 16 days.

Found some cool plants I was looking for.
False wild garlic.

Downy Phlox which is a subspecies.

Carolina Phlox.

Hairy rock rose.

What went bad though is that after hiking for about 6 1/2 hours I went to another spot to hike for about 2 hours which is where I did geocache pic from earlier. I got very lost, and had no signal, and half the map would not ever load and it turned into an extra 8 miles of hiking , it to mention a few more miles for back and forth walking and took me around 4 hours to get back and when I got back it’s because I gave up and luckily took off my pants, boots and socks and stuffed them all along with my backpack into a garbage I carried with me and trudged through swampy, water thst was mostly chest high but got up to chin high a few times for twenty minutes until I got back to the main road and out my clothes back on and was about about 70 feet from the trail head I started at and could never find my way back to.

6 Likes

Gorgeous blossoms, but ugh, that last part was not fun!

2 Likes

I suspect you could hear better than see them!

2 Likes

And with a breeze, the direction the sound is coming from is off, too. But it is fun to finally spot a cloud of them so high up.

2 Likes

Did you follow the clues?
Would be fun to find out what you find, if you do.

Great self portrait with curving fern(?).

1 Like

I probably never will to be honest. It’s far out there. Next time I’ll go will be a few months and whatever it is will probably be gone. Got burned out yesterday with the mishaps. By the time it was over it was 10+ hours of hiking and I was just done. Did not care to hike to whatever the coordinates were. Maybe later.

3 Likes

I can’t imagine your hike yesterday. You are ready for just about anything!

2 Likes

We had freezing rain here yesterday , but today it is sunny, and the bits of twig-molded ice are raining down from the trees and collecting on the ground. Kind of neat!

2 Likes

I love the crackling sound it makes.

1 Like

6+ inches of wet snow, straight down, the most we’ve had all winter, but gorgeous.

2 Likes

My brother and I are thinking of camping in a tent sometime during the week of 4/2–I’m not sure that will work out the way we imagine it could!

1 Like

Found a nice and very healthy and strong broad banded water snake.

3 Likes

Let’s go walking around the yard!
It never ceases to amaze me what’s been growing under the snow, when it clears off (even when we used to have a mid-January thaw).

I fell in love with mosses, when I was sitting on a bright emerald green carpet of it in the Black Forest. Their size, delicacy and toughness are always amazing to me.

2 Likes

Camping in snow builds character

3 Likes

Got some garden litter here.

5 Likes

I can’t remember the name of these common garden plants:

2 Likes

Skeletons of pokeweeds. These were huge last summer, at least 7’ (c. 213cm) high.

Graceful Skeletons of Common Milkweed:

@MarkD, this is what the verbascums look like in my yard now. I had forgotten what the stakes were for, until I looked at what was on the ground. I’ll keep an eye on what’s happening in the spot. Each stake is where a plant grew.

!

2 Likes

Beautiful textures and lines. Great photo.

1 Like