Covid Vaccine Comments

I’m sure a lot more einformation will come out soon. Millions of doses have been given now, as opposed to just 15 thousand or so given in the phase 3 trials, so there should be a lot of real world experience published soon.

2 Likes

You’re right. Didn’t notice that detail until just now. And I get dose 2 on the twelfth.

2 Likes

Same experience with my second dose. A coworker is currently at home with the same symptoms. Thankfully, the symptoms clear up relatively quickly, much quicker than they do from a flu or cold. I don’t know if there is an age thing with the symptoms, but of the handful of people I know the worst symptoms have been among people in their 40’s and 50’s. We are talking about an N of 8, so large grains of salt are required.

Nonetheless, I would strongly suggest that people plan on missing work/school the next day and cross their fingers that they make it through with mild symptoms.

2 Likes

The vaccine has a zero fatality rate compared to a 0.1 - 0.5% fatality rate with the infection. I would be much more worried about not getting the vaccine.

1 Like

Yet maybe…

If the vaccine was 1/10th as harmful as the infection itself then there would be thousands of people dying every day from the vaccine.

With the numbers already in hand, the mortality rate of the vaccine is less than 0.000004% compared to 0.1 to 0.5% for the actual infection. You are at least 5 orders of magnitude safer with the vaccine than you are with the infection.

3 Likes

Im talking about (long term)side effects not death.

Infection: mRNA from spike protein plus mRNA from the other 25 genes in the viral genome, mRNA present for days to weeks.

Vaccine: mRNA from just the spike protein at much lower concentrations and way fewer cells, hangs around for about a day.

Which do you think has the higher risk of long term side effects?

3 Likes

I get mine Thursday night, and my wife gets hers Sunday.

1 Like

Yeah Randy i agree. Sorry if im beign missunderstood here but i didnt ever said that i denied the vaccines effect. Nowhere in my comments i ever said that.

1 Like

Sorry! It’s always good to ask questions. What long-term effects are concerning?

I dont know really . I havent found any study that lists the long term ones(only those that go away in a few weeks) . I remember in my clinical book or i dont know how its called the vaccines i did as a kid had a chance of long term side effects(i dont really remember which though). Anyways ill get the vaccine but much later since i recently got out of covid myself. Would have to take a test if im alergic . My mother has a certain allergic reaction to different medicine ,i dont really know if i have it as well though. There is one medicine i know it can be deadly for me(dont remember the name right now but i have it in my clinical.book)

1 Like

Polyethylene glycol, a stool softener, is the main concern. It’s good news as I have never seen a severe reaction to it. Those who have had a bad reaction to other things can take it but be watched 30 minutes afterwards. CDC says you can have it 10 days after a positive test if your symptoms are pretty much gone. You are probably immune for 3 months though!

If you remember the other concerns, please do bring them up. Thanks!

Given how low a supply the rural county I am in has (~7000 doses out of about 15-20,000 people over 60, and a total population of ~100,000), and that I am in the lowest-risk group, I would be impressed if I get mine before April.

2 Likes

Got my 2nd on Feb 1st. Same type symptoms as you – chills, some achiness, very minor nausea. But it was all over for me 16 hours after the shot.
My wife just got her 1st last week. 9 days later her arm swelled up around the injection site and acted like it was infected (warm to the touch). Apparently this is a quite rare reaction now being called “Covid Arm”. Today it is much better for her.

3 Likes

It’s interesting that there is no discussion here that all of these vaccines are created using cell lines from aborted children.

1 Like

Good question. See here–the mRNA weren’t. Also, there are other threads that discuss the ethics of this question in the lines that do (of those Covid vaccines that may come out with that history) and the other vaccines. @Boscopup can tell you more. Thanks.

From a Scientist to Her Parents - Post - BioLogos

Pfizer and Moderna are not grown on fetal cell lines. There are other types of vaccines that are, but not the mRNA ones.

Haha, we cross-posted! :laughing:

1 Like

I am happy to be corrected that the fetal cell lines are not used in the initial development or production of the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines, but only in final testing – I should have done more investigation into this myself prior to posting. I agree that this does mitigate the moral complicity somewhat: “Thus, while neither vaccine is completely free from any connection to morally compromised cell lines, in this case the connection is very remote from the initial evil of abortion” (“Moral Considerations Regarding the New COVID-19 Vaccines”). Ultimately I agree with the conclusion of that article that, “we should be on guard so that the new COVID-19 vaccines do not desensitize us or weaken our determination to the evil of abortion itself and the subsequent use of of fetal cells in research” ( ibid .)

2 Likes