Covid 19 vaccine development

Thanks and yes I understand what you are saying we do know a lot about it and learning more each day but it’s not simple and understanding why so many are resistant or asymptiomatic is important to understanding this virus pathology.

In part it seems some people maybe the 50% plus asymptiomatic people already have a T cell immunity to the virus from prior exposure then anoth subgroup have an innate immunity resistance to the virus. Leaving the 20% or so more susceptible to the virus. This research shows this T cell immunity in the population.

My point about the selection criteria for the vaccine candidates is that if you choose a general population you may have only 5-10% that are actually exposed to the virus say that’s 1000 people out of the 15000. Then it will be difficult to distinguish the asymptiomatic people from the vaccinated responders that would cut the number in half 500 but also introduce significant biases in the analysis of the data depending on the preconditions of the exposed. It would be far better to focus on populations that are more exposed to the virus with likelihood above 25% of exposure in the time frame. As well to identify if there is potential complications for the vaccine on viral exposure.

Yes it’s a great concern to understand these longhaulers. I agree it’s very possible that the immune system innate and adaptive are dysfunctional in some way. As mentioned the virus attacks T cells via the cd 147 receptor and May be related. It is well documented that many patients have diffuse microthrombi and these also are likely related to the longhaulers pathology. The microthrombi seem to be related to endothelial cell damage releasing vwf but also there is something going on with platelets where there are megakarocytes in the thrombi. Again I am hearing that these longhaulers are benefitting from Nacetylcysteine but there may be long term damage from the thrombi.

I have to say it again and again people need to take vitamin d and probably k2. The population effected are deficient and D is proven to help regulate immune function and aid in respiratory infections.

You can measure viral load from a nasopharyngeal swab and quite sensitive PCR tests, and asymptomatic carriers do test positive by these tests. If viral load is below a certain threshold then people are not able to spread the virus very easily which is ultimately the result we are interested in. If possible, a test every two weeks among the vaccinated population should give you a good idea of whether the vaccine is preventing asymptomatic infections.

I would agree that we should select vaccines that have low systemic effects.

1 Like

I’m new to the group. I’m a believer and a strong proponent of researching before taking a vaccine. My wife and I decided not to vaccinate our new borns against the doctors wishes.

I am learning more now about the dangers of covid-19 vaccines and some of the plans to chip and mark us as having proof of the vaccination and that worries me terribly.

What does everyone feel about the current state of these mandates? Do we still have choices in this country?

Has everyone seen this new site that has been publishing all the censored materials regarding vaccinations? Dr Judy mikovits, Wakefield? Kennedy?

Where are you learning the “dangers of the Covid-19 vaccines” when those studies have not even been completed, with phase 3 trials only starting for a few candidates? Any sources? How do you vet your sources, as the names you suggest are notable mostly for their media presence?

4 Likes

Thanks for asking. I go straight to the sources. The Who and cdc is very open and revealing as to the “plan” how not only they had this excercise mapped out back to 2017 but that they partner with groups like gates foundation and as we all know (from the lips of Bill Gates) his id2020 initiative to chip every single person on the planet to keep us all “safe”.

So yes, all you have to do today are a few searches to discover the intent behind this plandemic.

You can also follow these professionals in the medical field to see how dangerous many of these vaccines become. None proven to be effective (or at least at lower rates) and deadly to some children.

Dr Judy, dr Andy, Kennedy and many other professionals in the healthcare industry have given us the warning signs. We as believers should be wise to the devils schemes and not doubt Gods word as these events have been prophesied and will happen.

I’m a professional in biomedical research, specifically in infectious diseases, and I can tell you that you’ve been badly misled by a handful of people.

4 Likes

The WHO, the CDC, and many others, even George W.Bush, were aware of the highly likely possibility that a pandemic like this could easily occur, and wanted to be prepared. Due to population density and global travel, they knew the question was not if, but rather how soon it would happen. And will likely happen again.
Since they were not around, who do you think planned the 1918 flu pandemic?

3 Likes

If this report of the 50% of the population already that has immunity to Covid 19 which explains the high percentage (>50%) of asymptiomatic cases suggests we are much much closer to herd immunity than we had thought.

That would be great if true. We could then focus on the most at risk populations, such as the elderly.

We would also have to ask how long that immunity will last. If antibody titers fall off quickly after vaccination then the same may be true for the actual infection. A vaccine may be needed to stop infections from flaring up each year.

Yes this T cell memory seems to be pretty long lasting conferring protection seen with the asymptiomatic population probably from a similar coronavirus but not clear how long vaccine protection will be. It may not be necessary to vaccinate a high percent of population to achieve herd immunity even with a low effective vaccine. It would appear one way or the other thevirus will not be gong away.

I think we should be focusing on the high risk population all the way from testing to roll out. Just the same in US probably by my estimates walking down the street and no offense intended to anyone as I have a good pot belly but at least 50% of people have a high BMI and I would consider them higher risk :frowning: that said I would think high BMI will be well represented in the testing :slight_smile:

1 Like

No. If half the population can get infected and transmit the virus without symptoms, they contribute nothing to herd immunity, since they’re still transmitting the virus. And that fraction of the population is already accounted for in estimates of R0 and the IFR. What helps herd immunity is if half the population can resist infection, at least to the point that they don’t transmit the virus.

1 Like

They called this morning, but as I suspected, I was not a good candidate since I go out so rarely. They need people who actually are more likely to get exposed at work or shopping, etc. I am well under the 5x/week they were looking for.

You seemed to be confused on the subject of asymptomatic carriers. Someone who is immune/protected will not have an asymptomatic infection. They will have no infection at all.

1 Like

Well we don’t really know. These T cell immune population may have only partial immunity to the Covid 19 virus and may still be infected but fight it off not developing symptoms. Are they spreaders?

I suspect that a vaccine may provide only partial immunity to some people which would still develop a mild infection but will they be spreaders?

I am looking forward to vaccine.

Even if it is only 50% effective, with all the people who have virus already, a vaccine will give herd immunity.

Georgia has about 11 million people. Already 2 million+, 18-20% or so, have had the virus. If the rest of us take the vaccine (minus a few antivaxxers), then we will have herd immunity. And life can return to normal.

I don’t know. But I can imagine the population control advocates have been around for 1000’s of years. Disease is a great way to control populations.

China has been at it for some time.

Thanks steve for your reply, I respect that you have knowledge in this area. Where have I specifically been mislead? Are you speaking for the entire scientific community or is this just your personal/professional opinion?

Yes, I’m speaking for essentially the entire scientific community – the people you’re getting your info from represent a tiny fringe group. As to what you’ve been misled about, for starters, giving any kind of credence to people like Wakefield and Mikovits. See here and here for info about Mikovits and here here for info about the outright fraud committed by Wakefield.

More broadly, there is no conspiracy. There are millions of doctors and biomedical researchers in the world, the great majority with no financial stake in hiding a dark truth about vaccines or with any ulterior motive, really – most of us got into this line of work to help people. It’s simply not possible to get 99.99% of any group that diverse to buy into a conspiracy. No one is trying to control the population by killing a lot of people, or to exercise world control through microdots, or whatever. We want the covid-19 pandemic to be over just as much as the next person (I’d like to be able to go back to work, for example, and not be afraid of going to the dentist, which I’m doing this afternoon).

This is not to say that vaccine safety should be assumed: it should be constantly and rigorously scrutinized. Human bodies, and in particular human immune systems, are complex and we should always be on the lookout for the possibility that some vaccine is causing subtle harm. I’ve raised kids, and I’ve been vaccinated plenty of times – I want to know that vaccination is truly safe. But that scrutiny is only going to be successful when it comes through the biomedical research community. If anything, the anti-vax movement has made vaccines less safe – I fear they’ve so poisoned the discussion with wild accusations of conspiracies and slander of good people that genuine concerns are harder to hear now.

7 Likes

Disease is a terrible way to control populations in the modern world, especially a disease like covid-19 that kills less than 1% of those infected. The effective way to control population size is well-known now: better health care and disease prevention, education (especially of women), food security, and access to contraception. When those are in place, birth rates plummet.

1 Like