Christs death or not really?

This is all valid IF Jesus is not God incarnate. Especially the second which updates the first. It imputes no evil (bad) or psychosis (mad) to anyone, just the power of APES; Altered states, Peer pressure, enhanced Expectation, Suggestibility on ordinary people.

But what if…?

Why would a non-academic need the original (the “autograph”) of a document to study it? btw, I have a copy of “Bach’s Six Sonatas and Partitas for Unaccompanied Violin” printed by modern methods, but it also contains a facsimile of the original.

Don’t you have a decent library with trained librarians?

2 Likes

Even copies are hard to find. At least here.

Why i need the original? Well i dont necessarily but i would like to read it. I rarely read take any historians opinions as gospel because most of them are based. I try to look at the original manuscriot always . Of course most of the time its hard and i have to rely on historians(which i dont really like) because of me beign unable to find a copy that has been translated in english as well

Yes, and that’s why we look at multiple historians and especially their footnotes in books and articles. And we also read book reviews and letters to the editor. But aren’t you biased as well?

1 Like

In what way may i ask? How did you conclude that?

Are you biased about the things you write about?

1 Like

No i dont think so why?

So to clarify, other people are biased when writing about history, but you are not?

2 Likes

I dont write avout history though. So im not biased. Im not even a historian.

You haven’t written about history here?

4 Likes

Im not a professional at history. What i have wrote was simply what the sources said. Dont understand where you going with this

So what? You want us to believe what you write about history.

You don’t show any bias at all in selecting and citing theories?

2 Likes

What? Where this attack came from? Chill out

Are you confused maybe? Theories are not history. I just cite what the document or original text says when im citing historical facts not what i theorize or whatever opinion i have about it. Now if you are talking about the 2 theories i putt above ,well these arent historical data of course. I mean i want to avoid beign snardy but even a 1st grader would have figure that out. Are you that confused?

I don’t what to appear aggressive to you Nick, but you are making some awful assumptions about “a lot of Christians”. You may have formed an opinion, but that is all - a “lot of Christians” may not seek to justify evil acts, and in my experience, I have not come across Christians who try to justify evil acts. I have tried to point out that many people have tried to justify bad acts over many centuries, and these people would not be considered Christian based on the teachings of the Gospel. References to the OT need to be made with care, as it deals almost exclusively with the covenant between God and Israel, and the OT shows that Isreal often disobeyed God and killed His prophets, so it is not as simple as you (and the theories you mention) make it appear.

Regarding the OT, the Epistle to the Hebrews makes it clear that God initially spoke through His prophets (with often difficult messages), but now He has spoken through His only begotten Son, and this message encompasses all things.

1 Like

Since you are so possitive in my theories beign false i call you to an open debate in a new thread about the Verses of the OT that justifies everything the early (empire)christians did. From Holy Wars to Violence. From slavery to killing infants . Everything. Since you are so possitive im sure you are willing to debate this out. Verse by verse. If not all at least the most disturbing ones

If however you reject my offer i wont respond anymore to you as your words have clearly no hold to me . Or you just dont understand what im saying by “they could have justified their actions trough the OT”

I do not mind debating, but I need to know what is debated. Do you deny my points that (1) the OT deals with Israel and the covenant, (2) that those who seek to justify evil may claim to be Christians, but their actions show they are not, and (3) history shows that the brutal acts you mention were in fact motivated by the lust for power and not the Gospel message?

If you can clarify your opinion so that I can understand it, we may debate it. But your statements which, by your own admission, you cannot support because you cannot access historical information, are of little value, and thus not worth the effort required for a serious debate…

2 Likes

This is what i deny.

Now a question for you. Do you deny that the OT has verses which support a wide range of a humans bad side ? For example holy wars,mass murder,genocide, etc etc?

You need to support your denial with historical data - for example, I am an Orthodox Christian (and thus not a Catholic), and I use a book titled “The History of Christianity” by a Jesuit academic (a Catholic) who showed a Pope destroyed a country in Europe that was peaceful and prosperous, by siding with essentially a pagan king, so that the Pope and the pagan could loot and kill this peaceful nation. This is only one of many examples that support my point. This Pope obviously used quotes from the Bible and other Christian sources to justify the evil he did, but these were lies - he and the pagans were greedy, cruel, barbarous louts and murderers - the Jesuit went to great lengths to prove this. So what if the Pope declared this atrocity as a “holy war”? This shows he was a liar as well as a murderer.

There are many examples like this, from many organizations and countries, that would try to hide their true motives by using the Bible, but these are liars.

You seem to go out of you way to deny this!

3 Likes

It doesn’t take a lot of insight to see what is going on.

See sir you are biased. So in your UNBAISED opinion theres NO WAY rhat the Bible actually support such a thing right? Only that the pope in your example took the verses out of context or used them for his benefit? Thats what im trying to argue. Reinterpeting the verses for your well-beign doesnt take away what they were really meant for. And trust me they did meant for that

See the book of Joshua