Christians and doubt

Thats cute.My mother says the same thing :rofl:

2 Likes

Black rights, women’s rights, homosexual rights, children’s rights.

But yes, we live in a superficial time dominated by social media which, in my opinion, has become a toxic poison in the world despite its potential benefits.

And parents have always lied, cheated or been abusive. We have more child laws today than at any other time. At least in my neck of the woods. Not sure where you are from. Some may have even gone too far on that front. There is no shortage of self-absorbed and entitled children being churned out.

I’m an adult Nick. The church does not and cannot judge me, individuals can but I don’t care about their opinion unless it’s genuine and constructive. Like Tupac said, only God can judge me. As an adult I quickly learned if you aren’t paying my bills or taking care of my family your opinion of my life and actions means little to me. But I am always willing to receive constructive criticism. I’ll even make the best of criticism from poor motives. Truth is truth regardless of the source. I’m introspective and will try to make the best of it but no one has any power to judge me or my salvation. I refuse to give any fellow mortal that high of a standing. Nor will I change to impress people or fit in.

Vinnie

This is the same formulla the hypocrites in the church and on this world use.The “only God can judge me bs” . Sorry we are clearly on par here. To me what you wrote embodies what s wrong with society.
These things are beign said by the worst people .You and any other dont want criticism because you know you are at fault.

Sorry if this got a little emotional.You just recited traumatic events from people i abosuletely despice whom in the past i loved and care.

The "only God can judge me " in particular is so irritating to me that im literally fuming lol.No hard feelings though i guess

Fact of the matter is you or anyone can judge me all you want but I give you no power over me in my daily life not pay any heed to you unless it resonated with me. I think the opposite: everyone’s concern and blame game with everyone else is the problem: worry about yourself and putting one foot in front of the other and creating as many holy moments as you can in life.

At the end of the day only my family matters because those are the only ones who are always there and we support one another at our best and worst. If a person won’t help out and support my family we’re I to pass away unexpectedly, I have no time to worry about what they think of what I do, especially if they are some holier than thou, judgmental person. That person is just a resounding gong to me. As for me, I don’t worry about everyone else or things I can’t change. I’m just a lowly sinner striving emulate Christ and enter the narrow gate via God’s grace.

Constructive criticism is what makes society progress.I dont subscribe to your idea. When society falls prey to ideas like yours it fails.Countless examples from history.

Imagine everyone doing the same.Pure chaos and anarchy.

If they are indeed(rare ,very rare) then you really sould considering what they are saying.

Yeah – I have no problem with critiquing YEC groups that issue lists of who’s “approved” or not, according to them. But I try to remember that AIG does not speak for all young-earth creationists any more than John Piper speaks for all Calvinists.

But yeah, I was surprised, quite a few years ago, to learn John Piper didn’t take a young-earth view. But I don’t imagine it’s something he talks about often.

2 Likes

If Christians aren’t behaving themselves, then their very Christianity is suspect and they may only be “mere professors.” In the prior discussion that I oh dear “dredged up a quote” from as @Vinnie put it, the fact that Christians need to test themselves continuously was mentioned several times, to be sure they are in the faith and are indeed Christians and in deed literally, caring for widows and orphans. Those who are thinking they are Christians and saying they are but not living it are being pharisaical, and we know what Jesus thinks of that kind of hypocrisy! And especially those who presume to teach or lead, à la James 3:1.

1 Like

It would be helpful if you could deal directly with issues instead of obliquely casting aspersions. The terrible “OSAS type list” showed the preponderance of scripture with respect to the question, and it was only a list.

You don’t seem to have addressed this:

It really should be OBAB or OAAA, “once born always born” or “once adopted always adopted”.

And assurance and confidence doesn’t deal with doubt? The athlete who is well-practiced and knows what he is doing and is confident in the abilities he has been given is going to be a doubter? Get real.

…or write books?

She sounds like a wise lady!

1 Like

So the majority of the church I assume? And these people are getting checked by whom exactly ? Elder? Who is correcting these people?
Nobody.

She’s very religious and kind hearted. She always forgives those who are treating her like crap which makes me extremely mad and we fight for that reason a lot of times

1 Like

If not here then there: they’ll get checked at the narrow gate. That does not mean Christianity is false, just that they are false Christians.

1 Like

So we are gonna ignore this problem and keep going? We are gonna die and there still be people like them. Unbelievable frustrating really

Not if you know (and trust) who is in charge… and it ain’t us. Pax (not the goddess ; - ).

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
John 14:27

Man you know that’s not how it works. Christians like these get away with stuff they do without getting the slightest judgment from you good guys because they are the majority and you cower to criticize them because they will pull out some dumb thing like “only God can judge me” or some verse along the lines of “don’t judge ye you don’t get judged” .

These people do the worst things to others and they dare walk into a church at Sunday like nothing happened and even pretend they are better than you.

You don’t think I have peace. Yes, I can get upset with hypocrisy (and I ain’t perfect), but I haven’t lost any sleep over it lately.

The best I’ve read on this.

1 Like

Anyone is free to believe whatever they want, but that does not make it true.

Can you recommend any conversations between the author and a thoughtful conservative? Someone like John Walton, Michael Horton, J.P. Moreland, Tremper Longman, Michael Heiser, Craig Keener, Jamie Smith, etc.

(btw I once read a neat article about how Moreland could be the best conservative theologian/apologist to have a conversation with Joe Rogan)