Christianity and Interpretations

I find efforts of various religions to claim a patent and exclusive ownership over God to be downright disturbing. I don’t know that God introduced Himself to all different cultures, but don’t know that He didn’t. I do think the inspiration of God rains down upon us in a torrent. It is not that the Bible is inspired by God that makes it special, but that God invested authority in it over the beliefs of Christianity.

There is only one God and a lot of different human understandings of this one God. And God certainly CAN be some kind of elf shapeshifting however He chooses. It is for God decide what He will do. As for the God of the muslims? Heck, God as presented and taught by a few Christian denominations isn’t recognizable to me. It isn’t for me to say whether or not God played a role somehow in the development of a religion. But frankly given my belief that God is intimately involved in the lives of all of us, it is hard to see how one can say God didn’t. But this doesn’t mean that all religions are equally correct – not hardly! It certainly does not mean that there are many ways to God. Personally, I believe the exact number of the ways to God is ZERO. “With men this is impossible,” Jesus said. There is no way! There is only the grace of God, saving us in spite of ourselves.

Agreed. …

Nick

I appreciate the emphasis on the resurrection - that is spoken of - and, presumably, for the followers of Christ - revealed in manifestation or, at least, in spirit wrought faith.

As the phrase “Jesus is God” - I find that more challenging. What does that even mean? Second, the reference to so many councils literally hundreds of years after Christ seems like a real mess to me… not the tidy piece that you seem to indicate.

If you want a substantive Biblical statement re the ontology of Jesus - why not just refer to His own words - "why do you seek to kill me - a MAN - who has to

Best,

Greg

Nickolaos

Completely lost at your great faith in the Councils… Illiterate, unlearned, reprobate, self-seeking men - go read the reports by Schaff. These were disgusting anti-Christ affairs of the flesh.

I will stick to the text.

Best,

Greg Logan

If you believe Jesus was not God or then you sre not a Christian. The early church believed just that the councils affirmed it.

As for the John verse.

John 8;23-24
John 8;28
John:8:42
Also Jesus:I and the Father ARE ONE.

Jesus saying why do you want to kill me a man is basically another statement that Jesus is man and God .Also he said a man. Not only a man. Why did Jews killed Jesus then? What about the ressurection? Was he a mere prophet? I ve never seen any profit do the things Jesus did and also beign ressurected with the power of God

1 Like

Also excuse if i sound judgemental about you not beign a Christian if you dont accept Christ as God. But it just doesnt make sense to me .

Nick

Actually that is false. The earliest church was the Acts church - and there is not only no sign of conciliar dogma - there is a complete contrast.

The first post-apostolic expression were the Nazrenes and Ebionites - all of whom were maintaining the standard theology.

Next - if you reference Tertullian Adv Praxeas Ch 3 - you will find that the majority REJECTED anything near conciliar tradition. Rather it was the Hellenists who invaded the church with the Platonism that began introducing these strange ideas that rejected the Jesus of Nazareth - a MAN - attested to by GOD - whom GOD made both Lord and Christ.

Please follow through with the data.

Again - the councils are a complete failure - and contrary to Christ - coming HUNDREDS of years after the faith had long been departed from as any reading of the events will easily demonstrate.

Not true. You don’t post any evidence or data or site or anything. Paul and the church died for Jesus. You dont die for mere man. And also again didnt answer to any of the scriptures and questions i gave above. So simply no

You actually sound gonstic. So did Jesus had a special “gift” that God made him Christ and messiah? What about the incarnation?

Haven’t heard of the Acts church. Do you mean the church in Jerusalem? There was a council in Jerusalem described in Acts 15.

What the heck is “the standard theology” ?

Nick

Since you are not interested in serious discussion or scholarship, I will end our communication here.

Jesus of Nazareth - a Man - attested to by God - by signs and miracles…whom God hath made both Lord and Christ.

We were specifically focused on Christology - nothing else.

re Acts Church
Recommend starting in Acts1.1…:slight_smile:

You havent answered yet .the burden of proof is yours to prove me wrong.So …Well take care!!

So Jesus failed on that he promised to guard and lead His church by the Holy Spirit.

There are historical evidence which shows that early church did believe that.You slaim otherwise havent provided evidnce havent answered.

Are you talking about the church in Jerusalem?

He says the the church of acts didnt believe Jesus to be God if i understod correctly.He hasnt provided truth.He is wrong