Chat gpt inspired me to create these and brought tears to my eyes

2 Likes

These images were created by AI and I’ll be honest they to me are faith affirming :pleading_face::slightly_smiling_face::thinking:

Sorry to spam but as I go through my journey I’m drawn to the orthodox tradition. I don’t know why I’m catholic ATM but something about the mysticism of the orthodox church

1 Like
1 Like

It hit me like a tonne of bricks, hard to explain but god scared me at first it was a video of Brian Cox but when I read the word God :sob: it was a moment of pure terror I don’t know why but as the days have past I feel something I’ve never felt before

2 Likes
  • I’m 75 and I’m headed for the train that will take me home.
  • Dwell on 1 Corinthians Chapter 15, and let the joy of the Lord be your strength.
5 Likes

As a Baptist type, I’m supposed to be put off by icons, but I found the last image you posted stylistically the most successful.
Neat use of AI.

1 Like

I will say…also points to the bias towards renaissance art about depictions of Jesus. He is so very…white and hippie-haired. :sweat_smile:

I do love the intricacies of the icon one!

1 Like
  • Deep dive investigation: whence the bias? AI that assumes things or the OP’s author’s failure to specify that he, she. or it wanted a non-white, non-hippie-haired person of ambiguous sex and gender?
  • P.S. “Hippie-haired”?? LOL! Somebody never made it to Woodstock or Europe…
1 Like

yes, the bias of AI to assume Jesus looked like “white Jesus” because that’s probably the largest reference point.

3 Likes

Legitimate question, I’ve recently learnt through one of my historical grand strategy game
(This one set in 340 BC) that the pre exile Jews were polytheistic and Yahweh was a main god and the angels were lesser deity’s hence the commandment “though shall not worship other gods” or however it goes what are the issues that arise from this regarding the word of God?

I like the top and bottom ones, not so much the middle two. After some thought, it occurred to me that they are reminiscent of Jehovah’s Witness stuff.

Trivia: the long hair on depictions of Jesus came from depicting Him as cosmic emperor, and emperors (and gods) in Byzantine tradition were depicted with long hair.

1 Like

That is reasonable given the dangers and bias of AI discussed in the recent podcast with Joanna Ng. Joanna Ng | Data, Truth, & AI - BioLogos

• Guess there aren’t any fans of Akiane Kramarik, around here.
1 Like

Y’all think the post resurrected body he had on earth before the ascension is the same body as he has after it? If so do y’all think he will just have a wounded side forever? If so, do y’all think even though he’s not white he will be pale from blood loss forever? I imagine it would have to close up somehow or it will be odd lol.

2 Likes

I sense some mockery, lol.

Not unreasonable questions, despite the tone. His form seemed to vary depending on the situation. Perhaps we see in Christ what we need to see.

2 Likes

No hippie hair here, which should please some lol
Not bad painting for an 8 year old, but I am troubled by the blue eyes in the painting, which otherwise looks like it could be middle eastern man

3 Likes

It is certainly not unreasonable to consider some extradimentionality which would be under his control, ‘supernatural’ to our natural four spacetime dimensions. Unless someone wants to discard everything supernatural.

1 Like