What I am doing is defending empirical science against people who do not care for natural laws and logic, blinded by their pre-Victorian Alchemist faith that organic molecules possess the magical property of spontaneous self-organization, which allows them to form increasingly complex structures with an increasingly higher energy level.
You are wrong. Newton’s laws are not in conflict with General Relativity. Newton’s laws describe our physical reality for speeds that are not close to the speed of light.
You are wrong. The basic empirical fact of chemistry that oxidation cannot produce reduction (e.g.: rusting of iron cannot produce the transformation of rust into iron) is the basis of chemical industries. Only enemies of science throw out empirical facts as smoke and mirrors.
The fundamental properties of physical reality come up pretty often in physical reality.
In your fantasy world, shaped by the doctrines of Naturalism and Darwinism, anything can happen. Not in the real world: apples cannot fall downwards and upwards at the same time; a phenomenon P cannot produce M and Opposite-M at the same time; oxidation cannot produce reduction; and mutation cannot produce mutation repair.
Indeed, inside the furnace of every star, hydrogen atoms can merge together into more complicated atoms. However, sooner or later these more complicated atoms, or even molecules, will fall apart again by radiation that hits them; the bigger they are the sooner. This is what Miller found out in 1953, when trying to produce an ever more concentrated primordial soup. He could only succeed by building a factory where the produced amino acids were transported to a second flask where they were safe for destruction by lightning.
Factories can only emerge in the fantasy world of Naturalists and Darwinists, not in the real word. If such a thing would happen, an ever growing amount of complex molecules, and thus an ever growing amount of energy, would become available for free.
You are trapped in circular reasoning: First, you claim that the differences between the DNA of humans and chimps are produced by mutations. From that you prove that mutations of the DNA are beneficial and have shaped the differences between the DNA of humans and chimps. Please release yourself from the doctrines of Darwinism and Naturalism, and start thinking logically, critically and independently again.
You are wrong. The ENCODE project has yet discovered the function of more than 80% of the DNA. Please throw out the fairy tale of Darwinists and Naturalists that 90% of the DNA is junk.
In the fantasy world of Naturalists and Darwinists, anything can happen. But in the real world, mutations cause cancer and hereditary diseases. Mutations, which are oxidation processes, cannot produce mutation repair systems, which consist of a multitude of interconnected chemical reduction processes, by which the decay of information is recovered using the redundancy of information in the DNA by pairs of chromosomes, pairs of chromatids and pairs of DNA-strands.
As a service to those who follow this discussion on “Can mutations produce mutation repair systems?”, below a summary of the conclusions drawn so far.
SUMMARY OF CONCLUSIONS
1. Mutations are not the friend of the DNA, but its enemy because mutations cause cancer and hereditary diseases. No one will put his/her genitals under an X-ray machine to bless his/her children with improved DNA.
2. Living nature continuously adapts to its environment, NOT by mutations but by the mechanism of recombination of gene-variants (‘alleles’) and selection, and by gene regulation.
3. In every cell, every day hundreds of thousands of mutations of the DNA occur. Fortunately, these mutations are largely repaired by mutation repair systems, for the discovery of which the Nobel Prize in Chemistry was awarded in 2015 http://bit.ly/1LhCGGC . The mutation repair systems prevent the DNA in every cell to turn into complete chaos within a lifetime.
4. Most of the mutations of the DNA consist of oxidative deamination, causing the information recorded by the DNA to ‘rust away’, like the information on a page of inkjet print rusts away by the oxidation of the ink. The mutation repair systems recover the damaged information by a multitude of interconnected chemical reduction processes, using the redundancy of information in pairs of chromosomes, pairs of chromatids and pairs of DNA-strands.
5. Mutations cannot produce mutation repair systems, because the laws of logic and of chemistry contradict this theory: a phenomenon P cannot produce M and Opposite-M at the same time (for example: apples cannot fall downwards and upwards at the same time) and oxidation cannot produce reduction (for example rusting of iron, or rusting of DNA, cannot produce the de-rusting of iron, or the de-rusting of DNA). According to the playing rules of empirical science, the theory that mutations can produce mutation repair systems is nonsense and must be removed from the domain of science and transported to the domain of ‘Dark Ages illogical beliefs’.
6. Naturalists and Darwinists are convinced that organic molecules possess the magical property of spontaneous self-organization, which allows them to form increasingly complex structures with an increasingly higher energy level. This pre-Victorian alchemist faith is diametrically in conflict with empirical science. Molecules possess the natural property of spontaneous disintegration. Natural physical processes are decay processes. The production of increasingly complex structures with an increasingly higher energy level requires the building and running of a factory, as Miller and Urey have demonstrated in 1953 yet. If not, energy would become available for free.
7. Naturalists and Darwinist strongly believe that mutations can do anything, including the production of mutation repair systems. They value their precious and unshakable faith in de doctrines of Naturalism and Darwinism higher than the laws of logic and chemistry. This attitude makes them an enemy of empirical science and revives the Dark Ages.
Dr. William DeJong