Can Christ travel faster than the speed of light?

John 20:11But Mary stood outside the tomb weeping. And as she wept, she bent down to look into the tomb, 12and she saw two angels in white sitting where the body of Jesus had lain, one at the head and the other at the feet.

13“Woman, why are you weeping?” they asked.

“Because they have taken my Lord away,” she said, “and I do not know where they have put Him.”

14When she had said this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there; but she did not recognize that it was Jesus.

15“Woman, why are you weeping?” Jesus asked. “Whom are you seeking?”

Thinking He was the gardener, she said, “Sir, if you have carried Him off, tell me where you have put Him, and I will get Him.”

16Jesus said to her, “Mary.”

She turned and said to Him in Hebrew,c “Rabboni!” (which means “Teacher”).

17“Do not cling to Me,” Jesus said, “for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go and tell My brothers, ‘I am ascending to My Father and your Father, to My God and your God.’ ”

26 Eight days later, His disciples were once again inside with the doors locked, and Thomas was with them. Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you.” 27Then Jesus said to Thomas, “Put your finger here and look at My hands. Reach out your hand and put it into My side. Stop doubting and believe.” 28Thomas replied, “My Lord and my God!"

Given the above scriptures tell us, Christ did not allow anyone to touch Him on the day of the resurrection, and yet 1 week later He asks doubting Thomas to test his humanity by physically touching his wounds, it begs the question…

If Chist ascended to heaven sometime after seeing Mary on Sunday and before the doubting Thomas event, and given we cant seem to find heaven or any other evidence of extra terrestrial life scientifically, i have a question:

1. Can Christ, the risen God/Son of Man Thomas clearly saw and could physically touch a week after the ressurection, travel faster than the speed of light?

The text doesn’t say that.

That’s contrary to the text: Jesus appeared to Thomas on the first day of the week, the eighth day after the Resurrection. The Ascension wasn’t for thirty-two more days.

Why in the world would you expect to find scientific evidence of Heaven? I know YEC demands that the scriptures be scientifically accurate, but this is really a stretch!

Given that the Resurrection body was still a physical one, and that God doesn’t go around breaking His own laws, of course not.

On the other hand, I see no reason that He could just translocate without passing through the distance between two points.

= - = + = - = = - = + = - =

Re-reading my post it struck me that Jesus translocating can be explained by my older brother’s mathematical model of God, where God is treated as an entire universe with each point in one-to-one correspondence and contact with our universe: being God, Jesus ‘exists’ at all points in that other universe and thus can appear at any point in this universe as He wishes.

2 Likes