C.S. Lewis Onstage - The Most Reluctant Convert

Using C.S. Lewis’s own words, award-winning actor Max McLean inhabits Lewis to take us on his rigorous journey from hard-boiled atheist to “the most reluctant convert in all England.” Discover how the “Hound of Heaven” pursued Lewis relentlessly until he finally “gave in”…only to become the most influential Christian writer of the 20th century.

This stage play is excellent, and a movie version will be coming out in the spring. Registration with RedeemTV is required but is free.

Watch now: The Most Reluctant Convert

4 Likes

Been watching this and I am trying to understand the name of this book he talks about.

sounds like “fantasties” or something… Anybody know what he is saying – what that title or author is?

found it… Phantastes by George MacDonald.

1 Like

I haven’t watched it yet, but I do remember George MacDonald’s Phantastes featuring prominently in the documentary called “The Fantasy Makers.”

Nevermind, you got it.

1 Like

I stumbled across this biologos article on google which seems particularly timely in the context of the other threads of the forum…

I was tickled by the idea she expressed that C.S. Lewis was one of the patron saints of evangelicalism. I would suggest that this distinguishes the liberal portion of the evangelical spectrum as opposed to the fundamentalist Baptist end of the spectrum.

However… I would add to what she and C.S. Lewis says in this article that even if science doesn’t speak to a lot of things in religion, it would wrong to say its conclusion have no impact on the things of religion.

If you enjoyed the play, you might be interested in the following:

Fellowship for Performing Arts invites you to a special online event:
Creating Art and Theatre from a Christian Worldview in a post-Christian World.
With
Max McLean (the actor in the play),
Fellowship for Performing Arts Founder & Artistic Director

Sun Jan 17
4PM (ET) 1PM (PT)
The event will last 45 minutes

How does a play like C.S. Lewis’ The Great Divorce get made in a way that engages a post-Christian audience? Join Fellowship for Performing Arts Founder and Artistic Director Max McLean in a lively, 30-minute discussion plus Q&A about creating theatre and art that appeals to a broad cross section of society yet comes from a clearly Christian perspective.

RSVP Here

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.