Big bang question

Speak for yourself Klax. You don’t know what you are talking about, when you are talking about my experience.

I’m not talking about your experience. I’m talking about unnecessary mandatory beliefs that make faith meaningless.

1 Like

I’m not talking about you, but I’m talking about you.

Nonsense

I have to agree with your self evalution.

1 Like

Is this how a brutish drama unfolds? And then Royce Gracie introduces the world to Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and UFC fighting is forever changed. I’ve heard Hemingway did that in literature, and don’t forget about Gettier.

There is a scene in American Lives, where Ken Burns recounts what happened in the convention of 1848 with Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Frederick Douglass. It is a true inspiration for anyone who finds themself on the odd side of a monumental issue.

Or in that line from Boondock Saints, “The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?”

I didn’t, but God. You know that he can do that, right? But God!

1 Like

Ah, but it is.

Very clever @heymike3. You are a player.

Ehhhh… not really, but I still puzzle over how no one has apparently considered the unobservable nature of an unmoved mover. I’m not that clever.

@gstepic, Gary, science cannot prove or disprove the existence of God, but it still is important because the Creation of God cannot contradict its Creator. Some people like Dawkins say it does. The Big Bang says that the Creation has a Beginning, which is consistent with the Bible and Christian theology.

The big question is the moral question: Is the universe Good, and does that mean?

What about it?

And who are you? To remove and to give and to plant?

Maybe it’s something and maybe it’s nothing

Or maybe it’s something and nothing

I am a child of God. and you?

For Jewish people arguing is important! They preserve their disputes in the Talmud. They have a saying, “Get two Jews together and you’ll have three different opinions.” One of my Jewish co-workers said that this is why they often go into Law–because they like to argue. We should view Jesus and the Pharisees in a new light.

2 Likes

Absolutely, I got to know an elderly Jewish man a few years ago. He used to enjoy dropping random comments about the problems with Christianity into the conversation just stir up a bit of debate and see how I reacted. I actually really enjoyed it.

1 Like

I agree Liam. The common denominator for enjoyment in disputes and debates is the intellectual component. Some folks on these threads, however, reduce it to ad hominems and that is where it becomes distasteful.

Then there are the not so oblique slurs on Christianity in general. :roll_eyes:

I would have a hard time enjoying his company. I hate that kind of stuff. Maybe “Mangia! Mangia!” Is an Italian grandmother’s method of preserving her sanity.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.