Ask an Evolutionary Creationist: A Q&A with Dennis Venema

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://biologos.org/blogs/dennis-venema-letters-to-the-duchess/ask-an-evolutionary-creationist-a-q-a-with-dennis-venema
4 Likes

I thought there were some good responses here, and well explained. I especially appreciate the response to the last question, from the atheist. What I find ironic is that to me that question also seems very much in line with something that might come from some of the young-earth creationist rhetoric that I’ve heard so often – the idea that there is a “trajectory” that one must follow, from hard-core YEC fundamentalist to atheist. It’s interesting how views that can seem so oppositional can include such similar sentiments.

4 Likes

Well-done, Dennis! I have a bit of feedback:

• The article contains some line breaks in funny places, such that formatting of a few paragraphs doesn’t work on my Chrome browser. @BradKramer - could you fix that, please?
  • I would have said something about two views of randomness: epistemological vs. ontological. But maybe Dennis made the best choice for his audience.

Chris

Sure, I’ll look into it.

Important to note that this interview is many years old, as noted below the post. Dusting off some gems from the back room.

Yep, it’s from 2011. When I re-read it (it came up in my Facebook feed) I thought it held up pretty well, although there are always things you think of later that would add to it, etc.

I also note that it has a clear affirmation of the resurrection, which was a topic of conversation here a while back.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.